Posted Under: Hypnosis Blog,Hypnosis News,Hypnosis Podcasts,Hypnosis Training,Podcast

ARROW
Cal in Do Hypnosis Professionals Go Too Far?  How Would YOU Know?Brenda in Do Hypnosis Professionals Go Too Far?  How Would YOU Know?

Do You Sometimes Go Too Far In Trying To Help?

When Does a Client’s Mental Illness Diagnosis Prevent You from Helping Them?

Do You Need A Medical Referral In Every Case?

Do you go too far? Brenda and I are back with another fun, free and informative hypnosis training video for you. Brenda brings a question in from another viewer who is a professional hypnotist.

She asks “Are hypnotists qualified to work with individuals who have been diagnosed with a mental illness such as bipolar disorder?” Well… It depends, and I explain what I mean in this video.

As an example I talk about how someone with bipolar disorder may come in for smoking cessation and the two different approaches I would use.

I also reveal insights on how there can be an emotional component to smoking, as opposed to it merely being a habit. You can learn more about how emotional factors contribute to difficulty in changing behaviors such as smoking. Go to www.TheSecretLanguageOfFeelings.com.

I also let you in on a concern some hypnotists have about perhaps having “difficulty” doing age regression work when clients are on antianxiety or antidepressant medications. I tell you the secret to avoiding any concern like this, *hint* it has to do with always getting deep hypnosis with your clients (somnambulism).

Ultimate Basic NLP CourseGet the REALLy Good Stuff – I want to see you in class! Remember to check our course schedule for our Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy Certification Super Course and special upcoming NLP Basic Certification taught by Dr. William Horton.

Like our videos? Then remember to get instant access to all my free videos by becoming a VIP member of the site. It’s free.

Let’s do GREAT things together!
Cal Banyan

PS… More Important Links & Info:

NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy Certification Super CourseJuly, 2015 my NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy Certification Super Course is filling up! Remember to check out my upcoming class schedule here on this site to see when my next classes are and see if you can get in on the early registration discounts. Then I’ll see you in class. Check later courses for early registration discounts.

Ultimate Basic NLP CourseSAVE $100 on NLP with early registration. Dr. William Horton is coming to the Banyan Hypnosis Center to teach the “Ultimate” Basic NLP Course, and I’m taking the course! Let’s get certified in NLP together! Get in on the early registration discount! The date for the course is June 19 – 22, 2015. Get all the info. and get your seat! Be a more effective and successful hypnotist!

NGH Approve Banyan Hypnosis Super Course CertificationI want to see you in class! Make sure you check out our upcoming courses and get in on any early registration discounts that apply! Early registration discounts don’t last forever. Get world class training onsite in our classroom or participate live online from your home or office!

Hypnosis VIP FREE INSTANT ACCESS TO ALL OUR HYPNOSIS, ETC. VIDEOS Get a super easy linked list of all Hypnosis, Etc. training videos! VIP Membership is free – Click Now!

ourhypnospace-website-banner-linkBecome a member of www.OurHypnoSpace.com! It’s free and fun professional networking! Use the “Ask Cal“ Group on www.OurHypnospace.com to ask questions and suggest topic ideas for the Hypnosis, Etc. show!

calbanyan-hypnosis-etc-facebook-likesDo you “like” our videos? “Fan” us on our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/hypnosisetcGet in on the conversation and we place more “hypno-gold” there on a regular basis. Share us with your hypno-friends! Thanks!

7 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video #437: Do Hypnosis Professionals Go Too Far? How Would YOU Know?

1. Karen Westh Nielsen May 19, 2015 at 2:29 AM

Hi Cal and Brenda,
    Thanks for a really good Podcast. It is a topic that we are discussing right now here in Denmark and your inputs are really great!
    Karen

2. Anthony M. Davis May 19, 2015 at 3:49 AM

Once again, this is a very useful video. I especially find it timely as well. Just yesterday, I received intake forms from a young woman who indicated she is seeing a psychiatrist and has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. Only one drug of a few she’s on are related to that.

I am not seeking to address her diagnosed disorder in any way and I discussed this with her previously. My purpose is to work on stress relief, confidence building and assist her with weight.

We are scheduling the full 5-PATH for her and she understands our focus and limitations according the scope of my practice. Even so, as a safety measure I often send out a referral request to their doctor. Realistically, I’m not certain that’s necessary here in Virginia.

Thank you both Cal and Brenda for this video. They are always helpful.

Tony Davis
    Healing Hypnosis
    Charlottesville, VA

3. Cynthia Thurman May 19, 2015 at 9:28 AM

There is the Provider Notification letter that was created by Dr. Scot Giles a couple of years ago and shared with the NGH for all hypnotists to use, which informs the doctor that their patient is receiving hypnosis sessions. (Have the client sign a release first). This might have been useful in the case you described, Tony, when a medical referral is not necessary. It is also a good marketing tool, because all correspondence has to be placed in the patient files, and it lets the doctor know about your services for future referrals.

4. Brenda Titus May 19, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Thank you everyone for your feedback and input, I am so glad that we covered this topic because it is something that comes up for all of us in one way or another, and it is so important that we stay within the scope of our practice- it’s best for the client, best for us and best for the profession!

5. Susan Mundy May 26, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Another great podcast.

Thank you Brenda & Cal, some good information.

Cal, I really appreciate you driving home how important the somnambulistic state is for our 5 PATH work. My previous training suggested depth was really not an issue at all…this never sat well with me & I certainly see a difference in client outcomes when they have reached somnambulism.

Brenda, not that you’ll need it, but good luck with your upcoming Board Certification.

6. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH May 27, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Hi Susan – Thanks for your comment! Sadly I think that it is because most schools and trainers have no idea how to get somnambulism, and so they “work around” that, unsuccessfully, by saying it is not important. But as you know, all of the most powerful techniques such as age regression require it. If you want to do more than mere direct suggestion then somnambulism is a must.

Thanks again for your comment!

7. Brenda Titus May 27, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Thank you Susan for your support. That was sweet! I’m definitely kicking myself into gear getting ready for that exam!