Hypnotist Cal Banyan

Old News? UFOs, the Pope and Hitler? AND the 3 “Critical Factors” of the Mind

Happy Hypno-Friday everyone! I’m back with the latest free, fun and information packed hypnosis training video on www.CalBanyan.com.

Meredith will be back with four new episodes starting next week. In the meantime, I’m going to talk about UFOs, the Pope and even Adolf Hitler and from a hypnotic perspective.

Hypnotic RecollectionsOh, speaking of interesting topics in hypnosis, check out the book, Hypnotic Recollections by Dr. Dwight Damon. Here is what Celeste Hackett, CH, CPHI, says about this book, “I swear I LOVE THIS BOOK. Among other stuff, it answers a lot of questions for me that I have been wondering about in regards to the history of hypnosis in America after WW2 and famous hypnotists that I have heard of.”.

Links to my sources:

Was Adolf Hitler a HypnotistHypnotized Nazis

Hitler the Hypnotist?

Hypnosis Etc. on FacebookBecome a member of our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/hypnosisetc! You’ll get the “inside scoop” on different things from the show, and more!

Did you know that we have some more great free resources for hypnotists? We run a few really great Yahoo Groups where hypnotists share information with each other.

Check out these groups:

Get Your Professional National Guild of Hypnotists Approved Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Certification Here

Certificates from the NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis Certification Super CourseCheck out the feedback from our grads!

Early registration discounts available, click those links now to register early. Questions? Call us at 469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390.

Here are some more links related to the show:

Keep in touch and get THE latest insider info about this program:

Hypnosis VIPGet instant access
to 240+ of my hypnosis
training programs free!

9 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video Podcast #245: Old News? UFOs, the Pope and Hitler? AND the 3 “Critical Factors” of the Mind

1. Rob October 15, 2011 at 10:07 AM

My own independent research into the history of hypnosis-I believe there are references in the tablet translations of the Sumerian civilization, Also in Ancient Japan: it was called: Hsi-Men-Jitsu (Art of the Mind Gate) Hitler was probably knowledgeable on the subject of hypnosis; as hypnotic practices had a strong association with Occult practices and/or esoteric knowledge and he had people working for him who studied and supposedly used such things. Did you know that the word occult is not bad or evil-it refers to information which is kept “hidden” the word occult is misunderstood and has a strong negative association attached to it Did you know that the swastika was actually a symbol associated with peace, initially? The symbol was desecrated and twisted, becoming associated with the Nazis

2. issac weiss October 15, 2011 at 4:52 PM

It gets cut off when you say I’m dumb:) great stuff, and interesting about Hitler, the germens where very correct and yet such cold blood murderess, that killed so many men women and children in such horrible ways like never before. The idea of it being suggestions makes some sense of it.

3. Cindy October 17, 2011 at 6:50 AM

Interesting…The Germans certainly seemed to follow a leader who had them do things I don’t believe they would have done on their own. There was the crowd frenzie type of hypnosis going on also. How does this work in with the idea that hypnosis cannot make anyone do something they don’t want to do? It seems to me that there was brainwashing and fear in play also.
    An aside, my 3 cousins were birthed with the use of hypnosis only in the mid forties to 1950. My uncle was a “hobby” hypnotist in FL!

4. Rob October 17, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I wonder that myself=some would say that it is debate on the 100% safety of hypnosis. My point of view is this: If it is done naturally: I.E. through a meditation or by a caring and decent professional it is absolutely safe. We were also born with the innate ability to do it; so how can something one is born with be unsafe? I think there is also a difference between hypnosis and mind control; mind control seems to be about malicious intent. An example of media mind control would be advertising in alcohol commercials. Take a look at the commercial for baily’s for example; it is highly subliminal and suggestible “Drink this and you’ll be cool, women will find you more attractive ect, Watch the way the alcohol spills on the woman’s chest and the way she moves. Marketing people know that people have two drives pleasure & pain and am I alone in saying that it seems we are constantly being pumped full of fear, just look at the news. I think between hypnosis and mind control; perhaps they are two sides of one coin, you know? or the yin & yang, light side of the force and dark side of the force, you know?  Something I have long wondered about are things such as eating disorders and the cause of them; I have wondered if there were campaigns geared more toward, self appreciation, self acceptance, love=would these epidemics turn around. What if people had a better self perception? We live a cultural that is saturated with violence, hyper-sexualization and seems to have become ultra-trendy and sometimes I wonder if people’s insecurities are not being exploited for profit by big corporations. Pardon me, if I am stepping on toes or sounding negative that is not my intention; I have observed for example; that ideas of what is considered sexy seems to be targeted toward younger and younger kids. I also see what passes for entertainment on television these days and it makes me cringe. I wouldn’t want to be a kid in society today;I can imagine how scary it must sometimes be, We know that a strong ego doesn’t develop until later in life and these kids today are sometimes being bombarded with not so positive messages and images, while trying to figure out who they are and what they would like to do. Is it any wonder, so many would have a distorted sense of self perception? Hitler was also very interested in the subject of aliens himself, he had astrologers and all that too

5. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH October 17, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Thanks for all your comments. I enjoyed reading your varied comments. Keep them coming!

6. George Guarino October 22, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Cal please check the ‘audio-only’ version for Podcast this week and last. Seems to be a problem. Thanks. G

7. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH October 22, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Thanks George. You are right. There seems to be problem with this audio only link, and on the next podcast as well. I just contacted our new IT guy, Mark. He should have it fixed by Monday, maybe earlier.

Thanks again,

8. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH October 22, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Hello George and everyone. I did get this audio only version of this podcast to play. I just had to save it to my desktop and then click on it and it played. In the mean time we will work on it to make sure that it works like it supposed to.

9. Anna Siljama June 16, 2017 at 9:29 PM

I love this video discussing Hitler as a hypnotist! I watched a documentary on Hitler a while back when I first started studying Hypnotherapy and I begun suspecting that he was using hypnosis in his speeches and they also mentioned that he looked thru people (hypnotic gaze) when speaking to people. Fascinating stuff.