Elman Hypnosis Questions

It is Hypno-Friday! This week, we are back with Larry Elman, our very special guest on the Hypnosis, Etc. hypnosis training program for you on www.CalBanyan.com.

As you know, from Part 1, Larry Elman is none other than the son of Dave Elman.

As I told you in the previous episode, “Dave Elman has had a profound effect on the hypnosis profession because of his very powerful approach to doing hypnosis and hypnotherapy. Almost anyone who has been in the profession has heard about Dave Elman’s classic book, Hypnotherapy, and heard about or used a version of the Elman Induction.” I know that Dave Elman has had a profound effect on my work, and I believe that it can affect yours as well.

Now, Larry continues telling us all about his father, his father’s approach to hypnotism, and other “insider” info that you won’t get anywhere else. I appreciate very much that Larry was able to stay with us to do a longer episode than we did in Part 1. So you know that this hypnosis training video is packed with lots of hypnotherapy training.

One last very important thing, I worked with Larry to put together a very special package, including a training program that includes both the “pure” Elman approach and the “modern” approach that I use, which was based on Dave Elman’s work. Exclusive Elman-Banyan Package

Revealing Questions Asked about Dave Elman & His Approach:

• What are the “Three Credibilities” and why must hypnotists establish them?

• Why is client praise effective, and why is the client always right?

• What is Pin Point regression and is it different from Affect Bridge age regression?

• Did Dave Elman prefer disassociated regression or revivification?

• What did Dave Elman do before he started teaching hypnotherapy?

• How did your mother help your father in the development of his approach to hypnosis?

• How would Dave Elman feel about what is being done with his work today?

• How would Dave Elman be doing things differently, if he were in the profession today?

• Would Dave Elman approve of hypnotism being a separate and distinct profession as it is today?

• What did Dave Elman think of past life regression?

• What should the hypnotist’s relationship with the medical profession be?

• What is your stand and Dave Elman’s stand on depth testing?

LIMITED TIME OFFER – I do not know how long I will be offering this NEW Elman-Banyan Hypnosis Training Package. Get this training program and receive HUGE BONUSES. How’s that for a sweet deal?

This Is Absolutely the Most Authoritative Training Material on Pure Dave Elman Techniques

Offered for the First Time With Special Banyan Bonuses Making up A Professional Package Available No Where Else

Dave Elman, Showman, Businessman, Hypnotherapist and Teacher Changed Hypnotism and Hypnotherapy Forever

Hypnosis Trainer Dave Elman Collage

Click for Elman-Banyan Hypnosis Training Package Details

• Dave Elman Best Practices Video Series (4 DVDs)

• Dave Elman Induction (2 DVDs)

• Dave Elman Book, Hypnotherapy

• Valuable Banyan Bonuses!

Here are some more links related to the show:

Upcoming Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy Certification Courses:

Hypnosis VIPGet instant access
to 150+ of my hypnosis
training programs free!

Keep in touch and get THE latest insider info about this program:

• Become a member of our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/hypnosisetc! You’ll get the "inside scoop" on different things from the show, and more!

11 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video Podcast #217: Larry Elman, Son of Dave Elman, Shares Insights about His Father’s Approach to Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy – Part 2

1. Celeste Hackett April 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I LOVE this. Thanks Larry for taking the time to share your wisdom. Very interesting on the Credibility point. Well said.

I found the PinPoint Regression technique especially was worth hearing! I love regression. I do something similar sometimes and can’t wait to try this. Loved that you used stuttering as an example too. Thanks for that.

Larry, I also really appreciate the background on your Father and your family. I loved hearing how he grew into his role hyponosis instructor to doctors. These were wonderful things to know. I never knew, for example how was so famous and well connected before working with the doctors. Great stories!

Also, since I have a radio broadcasting back ground, I found Hobby Lobby intersting. I’d love to know what the format for that show was.

Nice surprise question on Past Life Regression Cal! If you want to know what Dave Elman thought of it….watch the video! Very very interesting discussion on this!

Bravo! Awesome episode!

2. Doc Regal April 3, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Hello Larry Elman,

Thank you for sharing your insights with us in Cal Banyan’s training video. I appreciated hearing more about you and your father’s life story. Of interest to me is the regression work that you conduct. By not searching for an I.S.E. and using the Pin-Point method you described it sounds like no spontaneous regression into a former lifetime is possible. Thus using the P-P method as described appears to give the hypnotist more control over directing the actual time frame revisited. That is an interesting approach.
    My questions are:
    1. What other type of regression work besides age regression have you experimented with?
    2. What is the furthest point back you have ever regressed to? (e.g. in the womb, moment of conception, time of birth, other)
    3. If you have no interest in exploring root cause, please explain why.

Thank you for your replies in advance.

Best Regards,

Doc Regal

3. Karen Westh Nielsen April 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Thank you, Mr. Elman for taking time to share with us – I really enjoyed watching the PodCasts! And thank you especially for your emphasis on the importance of the induction as a proces, ethics and quality in our profession.

Thanks Cal for once again giving us the opportunity to learn.

Best regards,
    Karen Westh Nielsen
    Denmark

4. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH April 5, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Thanks for leaving a comment Karen and Doc Regal.

We so appreciate your input. It is also really great when you leave comments for our guests expressing your gratitude and ask questions. I’ll email Larry Elman and let him know your comments are here.

Thanks,

5. Larry Elman April 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Dear Doc Regal,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and comment. I’ll be glad to answer your questions.

To begin with, the use of the Pin-Point method (“P-P”) as I described it does not preclude a search for the ISE. The intent of an initial “Half Remembered Happy Place” it is to improve the client’s perception of the credibility of regression in such a manner that the search for the ISE is made more effective. As you correctly said, “Thus using the P-P method as described appears to give the hypnotist more control over directing the actual time frame revisited.” The time frame search itself — either forward or backward — occurs AFTER you have taken the client to the “Happy Place.”

As for the PLR portion of your question, it seems to me that a “spontaneous regression into a former lifetime “ would be a situation totally independent of the use of P-P. I personally do not believe in PLR, although I do allow for the possibility that I might be wrong in this assessment.

Personally, I have only attempted Age Regression, and I have not personally ever encountered a PLR occurrence. The furthest back which I have personally regressed a client to is pre-school childhood. (It was a long time ago, so I must be vague as to actual age.) The furthest back I have personally witnessed a regression to is about age 2, and it was by P-P done by one of my father’s students. Based on credible reports, I believe regression for many persons could reach into the first hours after birth or even earlier. My personal belief system is undecided on regression into the womb; proof in that area would be hard to get, so personal belief is (at present) about the best anyone can do.

I do not believe I ever said I was not interested in finding root cause. In my view, the purpose of regression is to locate the root cause, which is very often also the ISE. If I ever gave you a different impression it could only be by being tongue-twisted.

Again, thanks for your comments and feel free to inquire at any time. And I’m sorry it has taken several days to answer — we were on a trip where access to the Internet was limited. Your patience is appreciated.

Best wishes,

H Larry Elman

6. Dr. Mark Abrahams April 9, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Dear Mr. Elman,

Thank you for your PodCast with Cal Banyan! I am a 1989 graduate of Gerald Kein’s. (I still have 12 hours of his Advanced Hypnotherapy on cassette)! We used your Dad’s book ‘Hypnotherapy’ exclusively, and although I’ve read many other books, and received training in other schools of hypnosis, the ‘Elman Method’ has surpassed the others. That is why I’d also like to congratulate Cal Banyan and Gerry Kein in this note to you for their continuation of Dave Elman’s method in their combined effort – ‘Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy.’

Thank you, one and all!

Sincerely,
    Dr. Mark Abrahams
    Miami, Florida

7. Larry Elman April 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Dear Dr Abrahams & Karen Nielsen,

Thanks to both of you for your kind comments.

I have had the good fortune to know both Cal and Gerry.  They are two very knowledgeable hypnotists,  and more important two kind and honorable men. I envy Dr Abrahams his opportunity to attend Gerry’s course when he did.

I have read Cal and Gerry’s book.  The advice given to keep your office looking and being professional is valid,  valuable,  and seldom found in hypnosis training material.   The overall tone and level of advice makes it useful at all levels of skill.  So the Doctor’s judgement is very sound.

For those of you who have never had the good fortune to be on one of Cal’s podcasts,  let me tell you it is both a pleasant experience and a source of wonder — the care and organization are amazing.

As already stated,  I’m willing to answer questions you may have.

Larry Elman

8. Larry Elman April 24, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Hi Celeste,

I only received your kind note this evening.  Thank you very much.

I hope my comments here will be of interest.  My father’s beliefs on a large number of common phobias (and related things) were brilliant — like realizing where most stuttering comes from.  His take on obesity was that it stemmed from a combination of stress and a desire for security.  One interesting case which fit that description did not at first appear so to many casual observers.  Severe obesity in a lady,  starting in young adulthood.  Regression found she had been attacked and that her thought process was that fat women do not get attacked,  so eat herself into security.  Whether you agree with her or not,  one has to admit there is a logic there — AND that it fits Dad’s stress on obesity = search for security.

Anyhow,  thanks for writing and I wish you well in your future hypnosis endeavors.  Remember,  if you skipped Cal’s exceptional bundled offer of books and DVDs from both Dave Elman Hypnosis Institute and from Cal’s extensive offerings,  the items are still available individually on Cal’s website.
    Larry Elman

9. Cal April 29, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Hey I just found a “Dave Elman is my HERO” t-shirt. Check it out, http://bit.ly/lNRHh3

10. Larry Elman April 29, 2011 at 9:22 PM

What a cool design!  I plan to order several of them.  Your finding them was an unexpected pleasant surprise.  Thank you very much,

Larry Elman