Hypnotherapist Trainer Cal Banyan

Working with Difficult Clients and Clients Who Wants to Run Your Hypnotherapy Sessions

Welcome to another free hypnosis training video on www.CalBanyan.com. Nowhere else will you find so much free hypnosis information on video or audio online.

This weeks’ episode of Cal Banyan’s Hypnosis Etc. with Elronn Ferguson, is centered around working with those clients who may be a little more difficult. Elronn and I give you some insider tips, tricks and techniques for working with clients who aren’t "blow downs".

Here are some of the tips in this episode:

• The value of media exposure for the hypnosis profession.

• The importance of a good pre-talk and pre-hypnosis interview, especially when working with more difficult clients.

• How to determine if your client is ready to be hypnotized.

• What you can do if your client is not yet ready to be hypnotized (after giving them a great pre-talk).

• What you can do when your client has her mind made up as to the cause of the problem. (Hint, don’t believe them! Don’t be fooled by the obvious.)

• Why you should have a "Fan Page" on facebook. Become a fan of the show, www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc (and get the "inside scoop" on the shows).

• Does NLP, EFT and other tools blend into 5-PATH® Advanced Hypnosis?

• And More!

Here are some links related to the show:

Go ahead and Leave your comments below. I dare ya!

Hypnosis Trainer Cal Banyan

Be a Hypno-1%’er™ and succeed when others fail.

Let’s keep in touch!

9 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video Podcast #179: Working with Difficult Clients and Clients Who Want to Run Your Hypnotherapy Sessions

1. Miriam Goldstein July 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Cal,
    Thanks so much! I have been attracting some difficult clients recently and needed to hear exactly what you cover in this video. I’ve been allowing a client to take control but have now realized what I was doing as I look back.Knowing when to send someone on their way is very empowering so I can work with those that are open to following instructions. I wanted to send them on with compassion and your wording is just that.

2. Cal July 10, 2010 at 3:38 PM

I Miriam,thanks for you comments! We love to hear that we are helping out. That is the main reason we do this so faithfully.

With you on the Path,

3. Islina Esa July 11, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Hi Cal and Elronn,

That was a great episode! It’s always nice to know what to say beforehand just in case difficult clients walks through the door.

And FWIW, I think Elronn is super with his new wound up attitude ๐Ÿ™‚

4. lydia July 12, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Hey,

I used to take all clients, even if red flags went up.
    Not anymore my friend. It is so empowering to have control. Everytime I have taken a client I thought I shouldn’t, I was sorry. I don’t care how broke you are, don’t do it.

I’ve had clients who were really suprised in AR when they didn’t go to events that they thought were part of the problem and got much needed relief.

Hey Elron have you been working out or is my monitor on strech mode? ๐Ÿ™‚

5. lydia July 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Sorry about the mispells

6. issac weiss July 12, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Hey Cal, hey Elronn, good as always, and very funny. I hade some good laughs.
    Its so important to know how to deal with clients that want to run the show, I like this quote โ€œI donโ€™t know how to do this your way, but I know how to do it my way๏Š.
    Any way reserve me a nice spot because even that I bought the 5-path 2.0 and im half done, im coming to see you live in action, I want to be a true 1%.
    See you soon.
    Issac

7. Cal Banyan July 13, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Hello Essac – Thanks for the kind comments about this week’s video. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing you in class!

8. Celeste Hackett July 24, 2010 at 3:07 PM

You two always make me both LAUGH OUT LOUD and learn something. I loved, especially, the bit about how effecient 5-path is, NOT that it is the only method to become a 1 percenter, but that it was DESIGNED that way. AND how it is a great back bone for any other technique, such as EFT, NLP, EMDR, to elegantly work within.

Cal you are going DOWN in major hypno-history!!!!

Love you Cal and Elron!

Celeste Hackett

9. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH July 24, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Islina, Lydia, Issac and Celeste,

Thank you all for leaving comments. Iโ€™m a bit slow getting back to you all because Iโ€™ve been teaching the certification course, and I always get behind because the way I teach takes all my energy. ๐Ÿ™‚

Islina โ€“ Iโ€™m so glad we were a help. That is what all these videos are for. And, I know we are making new friends around the world. Thanks again.

Lydia โ€“ Being empowered gives you the ability to help more people than ever before. And, sometimes that means saying โ€œnoโ€. Thanks for watching our videos. Together we are working to help so many people. Thanks again.

Issac โ€“ Iโ€™m looking forward to having you in class. Iโ€™m much more intense in class. I have so much info to give you in the short time we will have together. Come ready to work hard, it will be worth it. I know you are going to be happy with the course. There is SO much more in the live course. Thanks again.

Celeste โ€“ Thanks for being our #1 fan. Iโ€™m your fan as well. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for your support and kind comments. Iโ€™m glad we made you laugh. Keep spreading the word. We are proud of what you are doing in the profession. Thanks again.