My 9-Step Weight Loss Plan

Posted Under: Cal's Weight Loss Program,Hypnosis Blog

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/calbanyan/calbanyan.com/wp-content/themes/calbanyan-hypnosis-authority/single.php on line 106

bathroomscale1.jpgJanuary 4th is almost here and that can only mean two things: World Hypnotism Day is only a couple of days a way, and my personal weight loss program is about to begin!

I have to admit, I’m kind of excited about the whole thing. During these last couple of months I have been enjoying lots of great foods, first in Singapore and then I had all of those wonderful holiday goodies, and as a result I have gained a lot of weight! And, I have to say that it is really uncomfortable to have my weight up this high. The good in all of this is that it means I am really looking forward to dropping all these unwanted pounds!

For those of you who will be following along with my progress as I get into tip-top condition for this next NGH Convention I thought I would reveal my plan. And, perhaps this information will be helpful to those who have decided to make the same commitment for this year.

1. Taking Responsibility – I am the only one responsible for my health and success. I am the one who is responsible for eating and exercising in a way that will make me successful.

2. Being Prepared – Since eating and exercising right requires that I have the ability to eat right every day, and exercise every day, then I need to have the proper foods and equipment available for me to be successful.

3. Eating for Healthy Weight Loss – I need to have a plan on how I will eat so that I don’t have to make it up as I go along. I will eat small and healthy portions of lean meats, fruits and vegetables, supplemented by vitamin tablets.

4. Exercising Every Day – Exercising every day will be an important part of my healthy weight loss plan. But because I could over do it, or do too little to get the kind of results that I want. I will vary my exercise program, with some days having light exercise and other days having more vigorous exercise. I will be walking, riding my recumbent trike and my new TRIKKE (a really wierd but fun contraption).

5. Drinking Water for Healthy Weight Loss – I will drink a minimum of 100 ounces of water each day. I can drink more water of course, but this is more water than I am drinking now, and I know that committing to drinking at least this minimum amount will be healthy and assist in the natural detox that goes along with a good weight loss program.

6. Doing 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® – Twice a day I will continue to motivate myself for success using 7th Path Self-Hypnosis®. This will be the major hypnotic component of the program because it removes the cause of emotional eating while enabling me to program myself for success.

7. Monitoring My Internal Speech – I will monitor my internal dialog to become aware of any internal statements or beliefs that may interfere with my success, and replace them with more positive internal statements. I will use a number of ways to do this including replacing negative thinking with Recognitions from 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® system, and The Secret Language of Feelings.

8. Using The Secret Language of Feelings – I will ensure that I am not mistaking emotional conditions for cues to eat. For example, I will check before I eat to make sure that I am experiencing physical hunger rather than an emotion such as simply being tired, bored, or stressed, which in the past has lead me to eat when I was not hungry. You can learn more about this in my book, The Secret Language of Feelings.

9. Being Persistent and Adjusting As Needed – Of course life has it’s surprises, and unexpected challenges can come up, and I can learn a thing or two along the way as well. I will remain flexible and persistent as I move toward the goal remember that the goal of achieving optimum health will not change, but as new information and circumstances come the plan may change.

Well there you go; that is my plan. I look forward to reading your comments about what I am doing, and I especially like reading that others have been inspired to join me in this commitment to be in tip-top shape for this year’s NGH Convention. So, please live your comments by clicking on the link below. See you at the convention!

10 Reader Comments to My 9-Step Weight Loss Plan

1. Marie F. Smith January 2, 2007 at 3:11 PM

I like your direct, no nonsense plan. I had not thought to have a committment for 2007 regarding my weight as I am fine there but improved health is my desired direction. I will use the tools learned in 7th Path Self-hyipnosis to help me along the way. Happy New Year.

2. Ken Breen January 2, 2007 at 3:40 PM

Excellent approach. I would just like to add that I’m a bit of a gym rat, and that you need to eat frequently, this will raise your metablolism. You have to keep the furnace burning. If you go to long without eating, your body will think you are dieing, and hold on to the fat for preservation. It’s primitive. It works the same way with water weight, if you want to get rid of water weight, drink water frequently, otherwise again your body thinks you’re dieing of thirst, and will help you survive by holding on to the water in your body. Get at least one gram of protein per pound of body weight, otherwise you will lose the weight, but without muscle tone, you will look unhealthy.

Just my two cents
    Ken Breen C.HT A.C.H.

3. Chantal Cash January 2, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Well Cal, I think this is a fabulous step by step process.
    I have lost weight using 7th path, gained aproximately ten pounds back.
    However, for anyone who wants to lose weight can follow these steps to guide them. I am also writing a research paper for college on hypnosis and weightloss. So I am looking forward to hearing further about this.I think that you are a genius! I know I need to exercise more that is for sure. You have given me many ideas to sustain my own weight management.

4. Jeanette Laitner January 2, 2007 at 5:53 PM

I love it. I will join you in this venture. So we will see each other at convention at out ideal weights. Your program should work well for both of us.
    Thanks for making it up!

5. William Mitchell January 2, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Dear Calvin,
    I applaud your willingness to practice what you preach and your willingness to offer leadership by example.Most of us that practice hypnotism are alternative medicine practitioners that advocate health and wellness as a lifestyle.Our clients are understandably surprised, and I believe disappointed, when their hypnotist is not also utilizing the knowledge and tools for wellness and health offered to the client.I know your efforts will benefit you and those that look to you as a leader.
    Best Wishes, William Mitchell,M.Div.,FAAIM,CI

6. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH January 3, 2007 at 8:42 AM

Thank you all for writing in and leaving your comments on the blog about my post. I can see that this is a red hot topic.

Let me see if I can respond to each comment that I have received so far.

Marie, Thank you so much for your encouragement for my “no nonsense plan.” And, I am so glad to hear that you are using 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® and plan to use it for improving your health in this new year. Best wishes and let us know all about your success as you progress.

Ken, thanks for your input about eating frequently. My plan is to eat 5 small meals a day, each one consisting of a small portion of protein (meat, fish, or poultry), and some nice veggies and/or fruit. This way I should be able to hold on to all of my lean muscle tissue, and maybe even gain a bit. Thanks again for the advice.

Hi Chantal, it is good to hear from you. I remember hearing about all of the weight that you lost using 7th Path Self-Hypnosis®. I’m very proud of your success! I’m sure that when and if you decide to take those 10 pounds back off you can do it. Heck, you know you can! Best wishes on your research paper on hypnosis!

Hi Jeanette, I’m so glad to hear that you are going to join me on “this venture.” I can just see us both standing there looking and feeling so great at the next convention! I’ll have to remember to bring a camera so I can post it here on the blog!

7. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH January 3, 2007 at 8:56 AM

Hello William,

Thanks for the kind words about what I am doing. I hope that some others will be encouraged to join me in this process. And, as you say, it does not just have to be weight loss, but perhaps some hypnotists will also be encouraged to lead healthier life styles, i.e., overcome drinking problems, and quitting smoking!

Thanks again,

8. Banyan’s Hypnosis Blog - News and Opinions » Blog Archive » World Hypnotism Day! And, Cal Starts His Weight Loss Commitment for NGH Convention

9. Piers Day January 15, 2007 at 1:54 PM

congratulations on your weight reduction – I am starting my reduction in February when I go through my 5PATH with one of the English 5 PATH Angels I travelled with last August – I am so jealous of my clients getting what they want and more that I have decided to follow the course myself – I have few more pounds to shift than you and the weather here is currently not cycling or Trikking – however I trust that when we meet in April we both will be much much closer to where we want to be.
    Your 9 step plan really makes sense! Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Piers

10. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH January 15, 2007 at 5:18 PM

Hello Piers,

Thanks for your “congrats” it is great to receive your comment. That is great that you are going to go through 5-PATH(R) yourself! It is all about having a better future, a healthy, happy more fulfiling life.

See you in London in April! We can futher congratulate each other on looking and feeling so wonderful.

I don’t know how we are going to manage keeping all those hypno-babes away!