ARROW
Cal in I Can’t Get this Out of My Head! Can Hypnosis Help?Erika in I Can’t Get this Out of My Head! Can Hypnosis Help?

Can Hypnosis Be Used to Help People with Repetitive Thoughts?

What Could Be Causing This?  …And, How Can I Help them?

But, first…  Quick Note – Cal’s NGH Approved Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy Certification Super Course Starts On October 13, 2014. Get Your Seat!  Schedule and Course Info Here

And now, back to our show…  Have you worked with a client with repetitive or “obsessive” thoughts?  Have you ever turned down such a potential client because you were not sure how to handle it?

I think I surprise Erika with my response to her question about helping clients with this complaint of repetitive thoughts.  I talk about two different reasons why this condition tends to manifest.  When you watch this video, you will learn how this kind of repetitive thinking often originates from either a problem in the subconscious mind that is seeking to be worked on, or it could be a distractor from emotional pain (as described in the book, The Secret Language of Feelings).

I also let you in on how having this fresh hypnotic perspective of the problem is just what your client needs, because: A) nothing else has helped, B) it gives them hope, and C) this is how the subconscious mind works and we can actually help them!

Watch this video and you will find out about Erika’s unique idea about distracting clients from the distractor can be a great way to get started before you even get into the 5-PATH® work, or teaching 7th Path Self-Hypnosis®.

Finally, we cover some things that you can do with this client even before you formally begin the hypnosis part of the session to suggest different ways of thinking.

Recording this video inspired me to see if I can help those of you who have not yet really received the kind of training you needed to become a truly confident and competent hypnosis professional.  To do this I have just put together a big savings on our most comprehensive hypnosis certification package.  Check it out.  Oh, and if you want this package but have already purchased some of the items in the package.  Call us and we will remove those items from the package and recalculate the remaining items in the package at this exceptionally discounted rate.  Check it out.  If you haven’t gotten the results you want to get yet when working with your client, move forward and make this important professional investment in yourself.  Don’t be a “script-notist” or “hypno-wimp”, step up professionally with this deluxe hypnotherapy distance learning package.  Keep reading…

Be a 5-PATHer, Banyan Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy Certification Distance Learning Course

Banyan Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy Certification Distance Learning Course This is our complete distance learning course for certification.  No previous hypnosis certification is required to take this deluxe course.  The items in this course, if purchased separately are worth $2481.52.

That is $2481.52 worth of my best training materials .By the way, this includes the new and expanded version of the Business Start-Up Pack – 2.1!  Call us if you have any questions:  469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390.

Links from this episode:

Join Cal Banyan & Brenda Titus In Class!  Upcoming Training Courses Below

NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Super CourseGet the highest quality accelerated hypnosis certification courses available, and taught by Cal Banyan himself at the Banyan Hypnosis Center in Tustin, CA.  No one surpasses the quality of Cal Banyan’s course, and no one surpasses our student support upon graduation.  We also offer live online training where you can join right in with the live class from your own home or office if you have a good Internet connection.  Check out our schedule below.  Register right away and you may be able to get an early registration discount.

• “Week of Power” – Advanced Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy Certification Course – Designed for those already certified in hypnosis and/or hypnotherapy. This is a skills and confidence building course that takes up where your other courses left off, or just let you down.  This 7-day course teaches you 5-PATH® and 7thPath Self-Hypnosis®. Click for information about this course.
    • May 3 – 9, 2015 Live online available. Early registration discount still available for this class.

Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy Courses OnlineIMPORTANT ONLINE OPTION!  You Can Take Our Courses Live Online – Yes, You Can Be a Student in Our Live Courses from Virtually Anywhere!  It’s like having the best seat in class from your home or office.  That is right; if you have a good Internet connection, you can get the best seat in our classroom without leaving your home or office.  This is a huge savings in time and money. Click for more information or call 469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390.

Hypnosis VIP Click the “BE a VIP button for FREE INSTANT ACCESS Get a super easy linked list of all Hypnosis, Etc. training videos! There is no better way to get started accessing all these videos. VIP Membership is free – Click Now!

Certificates from the NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis Certification Super CourseWhat our grads say about our courses (feedback & recommendations) Questions? Call us at 469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390.
Thank you to all of our fans from around the world! Continue to follow us on Facebook to receive updates on what’s going on between each episode and to give your input as well. If you haven’t done so already, check us out and “Like” us on www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc. Thanks a whole lot for sharing us with your friends as well!

12 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video #402: I Can’t Get this Out of My Head! Can Hypnosis Help?

1. Karen Hand September 30, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Great job, Erika!! Great question! And, of course, as always……thank you, Cal, for the insight!!
    I can see exactly how to apply this to a variety of thinking processes that serve as distractors!!

2. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH September 30, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Thank you Karen – You are also one of the “True Believers” out there who really know this approach to hypnosis really works! This is also because you are a Hypno-1%er yourself.

We look forward to hear more great things about the work you are doing.

With you on the Path,

3. Brenda Titus September 30, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Thanks Cal and Erika, I hadn’t thought about it this way, and this is especially helpful for a couple of people that I have been seeing recently. I’d been doing 5 PATH, but needed some better language around the running thoughts. I hadn’t thought about them as distractors, but now I realize it makes perfect sense. Thanks again!

4. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH September 30, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Yep, I just keep saying the same stuff over and over again. Our Model of the Mind, The Secret Language of Feelings, 5-PATH and 7th Path Self-Hypnosis works across all these different issues.

X -> M -> E -> F -> B

5. Erika Flint September 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Thank you Brenda and Karen. This was something I had been thinking about for a while and I’m glad we were able to go into it in more detail.

I think it’s important that we help our clients how to think differently about things, and as Cal mentioned help them understand what is going on with them and why they’re having these thoughts. It’s great when a client realizes there’s a reason for their repetitive thinking, and not only a reason but what we can do to resolve it.

Thank you for your comments!

6. Chan October 1, 2014 at 6:03 PM

May I ask is 7path hypnosis a 7 phase self hypnosis? Is it a different acronym compared to 5path hypnosis?

7. Anthony M. Davis October 1, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Cal & Erika,

Thank you very much.

This episode could not have been more timely. When anger or disappointment sets in, it becomes very easy to let that tape player spew out negative self talk. Yet, it’s clear that there’s an emotional component behind it.

This podcast is a great reminder that those things we think about become larger. This is a great time to dig back into the “Secret Language of Feelings” book.

Tony Davis
    Healing Hypnosis
    Charlottesville, VA

8. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH October 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Hello Chan, I already responded to you via email because for some reason your comment was not showing up here. So for everyone else I’ll answer your question.

First, 7th Path Self-Hypnosis is a form of self-hypnosis that is different from every other form of self-hypnosis available. This is because it does two things that no other self-hypnosis program does, which are: 1) it is a mind-body-spirit approach to self-hypnosis and 2) it is designed to be an insight generating process which goes way beyond simple direct suggestions work. More can be learned at http://www.7thpathselfhypnosis.com. There is even a sample lesson there.

Secondly, 5-PATH is a process that a hypnotist/hypnotherapist learns and applies to the different issues that a client wishes to work on. It is a 5 phased approach that works with just about everything that you will work with as a professional hypnotist. It is a systematic approach which is designed to build hypnotist confidence, competence and effectiveness. You can learn more here, http://www.hypnosiscenter.com/5-path-overview.htm.

Thanks for leaving a comment! We LOVE comments.

9. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH October 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Hi Tony,

Thanks for leaving a comment. Managing self-talk is one very big part of being successful and when one understand the language of feelings, that language becomes much more useful and meaningful.

With you on the Path,

10. Andrea Squibb, C.Ht October 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Hi Cal and Erika,

I have enjoyed watching your videos for a while now and have found them so helpful. This one in particular really seemed to hit on an issue that so many of my clients come in with. Thank you for sharing in such a concise, caring and meaningful way. It is wonderful to hear how other professionals are dealing with these types of problems. Your videos are great for finding little nuggets of new information, a new or better way to phrase or present something to a client or just the knowledge that other healing professionals are facing some of the same difficulties and challenges with those we sincerely want to help move forward in their lives! I also look forward to looking up the book you mentioned as I have a client who could definitely benefit from the topic!
    Best Wishes, Andrea

11. Erika Flint October 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Hi Andrea,

thanks for your comment. It’s so nice to hear that you found the episode useful. I agree, it is so important that we share how we are helping our clients and that’s why I really appreciate hearing from you and what you find helpful so we can continue covering these types of topics. And of course I welcome any nuggets of wisdom you use with your clients 😉 .

Sometimes just one kind word said in a new or different way can mean all the difference with a client. Helping clients with negative self talk is something I always look for because some of them never realized how damaging it can be – actually some don’t even realize that they’re doing it.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your input,
    Erika Flint

12. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH October 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Hello Andrea,

I see that Erika responded but but I also wanted to say thanks for your comment. We are so glad that you find this info useful in your work helping other with hypnosis.

With you on the Path,