ARROW
Hypnotherapist Cal Banyan in 5 Questions for Hypnotic Age Regression, and Is Highway Hypnosis REALLY Hypnosis?Hypnotherapist Brenda Titus in 5 Questions for Hypnotic Age Regression, and Is Highway Hypnosis REALLY Hypnosis?

Happy Hypno-Tuesday! Cal Banyan and Brenda Titus are back to bring us another exciting and informative episode of Hypnosis Etc. on www.CalBanyan.com. In this episode, Brenda reads a question from a 5-PATHer about age regression. The hypnotist wants to know when to move on or do more age regression.

Cal, who has become a living authority on how to do age regression, discusses 5-PATH® as being a criteria-based system that ensures that you know what you are doing and when you should be doing. He talks about the 5 questions the hypnotists must ask in every event you visit during the age regression session.

Cal wraps up the episode by sharing a news article about a train crash and they are blaming hypnosis as the driver is believed to be in “Highway Hypnosis”.  Cal shares his thought about the incident and explains why “Highway Hypnosis” does not exist.  That is probably going to get us some comments!  What do you think?  Does “Highway Hypnosis” really exist?

Things discussed in today’s video:

• How to know if you have done enough age regression work?
  • What are the 5 questions hypnotists must know when doing age regression?

Brenda also mentions the upcoming NGH Solid Gold Weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada, where Cal will be speaking about age regression. Come to Las Vegas and hang out with Cal! It is going to be a great time.

Links for today’s hypnosis training video:

Hypnosis VIP Click the “BE a VIP button for FREE INSTANT ACCESS Get a super easy linked list of all Hypnosis, Etc. training videos! There is no better way to get started accessing all these videos. VIP Membership is free – Click Now!

Certificates from the NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis Certification Super CourseWhat our grads say about our courses (feedback & recommendations) Questions? Call us at 469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390.
Thank you to all of our fans from around the world! Continue to follow us on Facebook to receive updates on what’s going on between each episode and to give your input as well. If you haven’t done so already, check us out and “Like” us on www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc. Thanks a whole lot for sharing us with your friends as well!

11 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video #364: 5 Questions for Hypnotic Age Regression, and Is Highway Hypnosis REALLY Hypnosis?

1. lydia January 21, 2014 at 5:10 PM

I have a question for a possible future show.

Let’s say you are wearing a Hypnosis works shirt and someone asks you “how”/ What would be a good short answer that sparks interest without going into to much detail. I could talk about hypnosis for hours but if you are in the elevator most people don’t have hours.

2. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH January 22, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Thanks for your comment/question. My answer would depend on the situation. In general I’d say something like this, “The most important thing is that it DOES work. Science has show that the mind works differently when someone is in hypnosis. This difference has enabled me to help so many people make positive changes quickly, even when they seem to have tried everything else! But it is really important that you choose a competent professional hypnotist so you know you will actually be hypnotized.”

I hope that helps!

3. Roberta Fernandez July 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I’ve heard two camps of thought on the issue of regression: Some think it’s necessary to have the client actually relive the emotion of the ISE, and some say it’s enough to have them be an observer of the event.

I think I know what camp you are in (!) but would like to know what you think of these two positions.

4. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH July 23, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Hi Roberta,

Thanks for leaving a comment! We love comments.

Here is what I do: when I am regressing a client I always have them revivify the experience (relive it in the associated state). I have found that this is the most accurate way of finding out the most important information, e.g., what is happening, what they think about what is happening, how they feel about it, their age and whether or not the emotion is familiar or new.

If however IF the experience is a very painful one, after I have completed the Informed Child Technique, and I take the child through the event again, I won’t make the client go through that painful experience again in the associated state, but instead have them go through it as an observer (dissociated state). When we have the client go through the event again we are mostly checking to make sure that the change made “sticks”. And this “observer” approach works fine.

I recommend the 10 Keys to Age Regression video series here on the site for more step-by-step info on AR.

By the way, to everyone if you want instant access to all of my past Hypnosis, Etc. free hypnosis training videos on this site, just send a blank email to videos@calbanyan.com or become a VIP member.

I hope that helps,

5. Roberta July 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Thanks, Cal. Great answer – make perfect sense. Hope to meet you at the convention!

6. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH July 24, 2014 at 11:26 AM

You are very welcome. See you at the convention!

7. Roberta September 5, 2014 at 6:58 PM

In the Informed child portion of the regression, how would you address a client who doesn’t think the child is lovable and can’t recognize anything good about the child? I had this happen and even though Grown up would admit that what happened to the child was unfair she wouldn’t tell the child that – said it felt too lame.

8. Brenda Titus September 6, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Hi Roberta, thank you for asking about that, I have a couple of thoughts.

First, I’d want to be sure that you had 1- determined the ISE, and then 2- you’d gone back before the ISE to do the informed child technique. That’s an important 1-2 step. So you determine that you have your ISE utilizing the question about if the feeling is familiar or new. Once you get to new, you want to double check by saying that in a moment you’ll tap them on the forehead and they will be at the first time they’ve ever felt that way. What you’re looking for is for them to loop back to this same experience (sometimes they continue to go further back). So now that you’ve determined ISE, you want to take them to a time before any of this ever happened, and the point here is that you’re regressing to a time that they feel safe and secure, before the ISE took place. Sometimes people regress minutes before, sometimes further back (some people regress to infancy because they need to go back that far to feel safe… Of course, some might even regress all the way back to the womb)…. But when you get them to this place, they should be able to accept that the child is loveable, nothing wrong with them, etc. I usually ask as well “if you had a child like that in your life, a sister, a niece, etc, could you love her?” Usually when put that way they get it and realize the child is of course loveable.

I hope that helps you. It is possible as well that you got to an ISE but there is another ISE involved which is preventing the client from accepting that there was nothing wrong with them at that little baby state.

I was going to add that I’ve had a bit more struggle with clients who had lifelong abuse or neglect, but it’s not true now that I think more carefully. Usually, getting the client back to the state of before ISE, they are so thankful and happy to be reconnected to such a wonderful feeling that they are very happy to help give that little one the things that mom and dad didn’t or couldn’t.

9. Roberta September 7, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Thanks, Brenda. Looking back at the session I think there were several things that didn’t go correctly. I don’t think I was strong enough with this client (she’s a therapist) and in reflecting on the session, in some way I think she may have come up to a lighter depth and was using her conscious skills to avoid the real issue. Whatever, it was, I’m not sure where to go with the information I have because I’m not sure it’s reliable. My gut says have the ‘talk’ to see if she is really ready to do the work, then go at it from the beginning again. Have you ever had a session where you didn’t think it was productive and didn’t know where to go with it? I don’t want her to lose confidence in me – or play me either!

10. Brenda Titus September 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Try not to overthink it too much until she comes back in. I know that is easier said than done, but try to see it as a step in your learning process, and of course I’m glad that you sought out some help as well to prepare yourself with some ideas of how to handle it.

Before you even decide what to do with the next session, get feedback from her about the prior session…. it’s possible that in the meantime she’s had some new insights into what took place that will help you proceed so that you can do the informed child technique with her more effectively now. It’s hard to know until you just do it.

I promise you that we’ve all had these moments… I have them all of the time, and I know that my job is to be present with my clients, do my best with each session, and know that sometimes they will respond the way that I expect, but not always- and when they don’t I’ve got to be ready to go with the flow, wherever the flow takes me…

Be confident, trust the process, trust yourself, and do your best. And let us know how it goes. 🙂

11. Susan Mundy August 5, 2015 at 10:16 PM

I just wanted to thank both, Lydia and Roberta, for asking such great questions. And a HUGE thank you to Cal & Brenda for such insightful and comprehensive answers.

I feel humbled to have been able to read this… I continue to learn so much from you all 😊

Thanks