hypnosis trainer cal banyan talks the truth about hypnotismorange county hypnotist elronn ferguson talks the truth about hypnotism

Happy Hypno-Tuesday! Elronn is back as my co-host on this episode of Hypnosis Etc. on www.CalBanyan.com.

In this latest episode, we uncover the truth about hypnotism as we analyze the hypnosis news story, “2nd Hypnotist Rescues Students Stuck in Trance.” Watch this Hypnosis, Etc. training video and you will discover how the media has contributed to misunderstanding of facts about hypnosis and hypnotherapy. You will learn what hypnosis is and what it is not … and you will be able to avoid the common mistakes that young hypnotists make.

Thanks for visiting my hypnosis training videos website. If you enjoyed these videos, please tell your friends about this helpful resource for hypnotists and hypnotherapists around the world. Remember to check out our Hypnosis, Etc. page on Facebook, at www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc. Please “Like” us on Facebook and below this video and get into the conversation.

Today’s Discussion Points:

• What is hypnosis?
  • Why trance is not hypnosis.
  • Why feeling relaxed does not mean you are in a state of hypnosis.
  • Why there is no danger in being hypnotized.
  • Why hypnosis is good for children.
  • Why the media makes up problems with hypnosis and attempt to make it sound dangerous.
  • How not using proper tone of voice is a common mistake made by young hypnotist.
  • Watch out for our upcoming article in the NGH Journal of Hypnotism about the pros and cons of stage hypnosis!

Hot Links: Links Mentioned in this Podcast, Etc.

Weekly Special:

Sign up for the upcoming Pre and Post NGH Convention Workshop, Week of Power – Advance Hypnosis Training Course, and receive the following FREE items ($96.95 Value!):

• Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy Book by Calvin Banyan – $31.95
  • The Secret Language of Feelings book by Calvin Banyan – $14.95
  • How to Conduct Weight Loss Sessions Using 5-PATH® – $24.95
  • How to Conduct Stop Smoking Sessions Using 5-PATH® – $24.95

To learn more about this course or to sign up, call 469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390.

Get Your Professional National Guild of Hypnotists Approved Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Certification – Early registration discounts available.

Certificates from the NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis Certification Super CourseRead What Our Grads Say!
Questions?
Call us at
469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390

Be a VIP – Keep in touch and get THE latest insider info about this program:

Hypnosis VIPAlso remember to stay in touch and on the inside by becoming part of our VIP Program, and by “Liking” our facebook page at www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc. By joining our free VIP Program you get instant access to the complete listing of all our free hypnosis training videos that you can watch any time.

6 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video #284: Uncovering the Truth about Hypnotism – Discussing the Top Hypnosis News Story, “2nd Hypnotist Rescues Students Stuck in Trance”

1. Roy Thaller July 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Hi all

I am glad that you brought this story forward…grew up in Vancouver…spent 19 years in Ottawa…moved back to Vancouver….started to get an interested in hypnosis.

I had many people contact me about the article.

I told them some of it  could be true but it does not make sense. (My first training was in stage hypnosis and then Rick Collingwood and then Cal)

1)  In stage hypnosis, people want to get attention.  Are these people in hypnosis or just acting and wanting to get attention.

Suggestibillity tests are key…were they done?…who went up to stage?   More people the better?  Wrong answe!

2)  It is possible that people could go into the Esdaile state and appear to be in a coma.  Did this happen?  Did the hypnotist know about this and how to  deal with it?

3) How were clients emerged?  Bringing them out to fast can cause issues.

4) I have observed a woman being hyphotized in the audience during a stage show.  Yes she was hypnotized.  The performer regonized it and took advantage of it for the performance but there was no harm inher  anyway.

5) How much of it was show?   Peole do like to get their name in the press.

6)  I do not think parent’s consent was obtained only from the grads….consent is key from this type of event.

From my experiences from hypnosis they are:

1) First person I hypnotiized….she was a stage hypnotist.,, and it worked….my reactions…cant say on aair.

2) Emerging a client too soon and fast….headaches, migranes, eye migranes.,,,take your time and let it happen.

3) Hypnotist in CA, told me I was not following intsructions.

Well I don’t alway do it….I have lots of questions.,,,and want to learn more and more.

See you all at NGH in Boston

Roy

2. Issac Weiss BCH July 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Hello cal and Elron

Nice show as always, interesting to me since it is close to home.

Well I guess hypnosis is French it’s all upside down, like orange juice is juice d’orange. So the tone  at time of emerging sounds as an induction.:)

I was contacted by the radio station for some questions a few days after it happened, at that time i didn’t know of the story, so I was a bit caution how I was answering his questions.

What i remember since it was like a month ago.

I explained him that I do hypnosis to help people not stage show, and I had never had this happened and i can’t argue with the fact but here are some of my taught I gave that I didn’t hear you say it.

As far as I see stage hypnosis, they keep taking you in and out of hypnosis many times and every time they take you in you get more suggestible (deep) , then I explained that there is many stages in hypnosis and we spoke about the coma state, you can see in the video that he is doing full body catalepsy, not that this means he took them in to coma state, however Gerald Kein in his training on coma state says that if you don’t tell them that you will teach them a way to be able to go back in to this level, they might not want to come out of it, since it is simple a very pleasant feeling.

I spoke of how much training i did, apparently that guy took about 14 hours of training i think i understood from a interview with the teacher.

I explained of how the NGH is very careful of titles and terminology and training is minimum 100 hours.

That is all beside what was covered in the video that you spoke of how safe it is as we do it all the time, and i spoke to many people that where on stage shows at the convention, you are always in some kind of control, however you just want to have fun, so you follow what the hypnotist tells you ETC.

Any way hope to see you at the convention. I see elron will give some classes LOOKING FORWERD
    Issac Weiss, BCH

3. Rob July 10, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I find it somewhat ironic; that the media talks about and demonizes hypnosis. However, what does the media do all the time? Let’s be honest here: the media uses fear to manipulate people. The mainstream media are hypocrites. One can debate between hypnosis and mind control: Hypnosis is natural, it’s positive and everyone can achieve it and do it. I would say what the media does is a form of mind control, which you could say is the antithesis of natural hypnosis. The media manipulates emotions and exploits people and this is probably done with intent and awareness.

4. Ricardo C. July 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Hi Cal.

You didn’t talked about the coma state. Isn’t possible that at least one of them did reached that and didn’t emerge from it?

5. mike July 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM

That story smelled of bs and publicity some people feel any press is good press and I think that is what happened here.

6. Roy Thaller July 11, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Hi all

Further to my first comment. Dave Elman in his book “Hypnotherapy” or corses taught by Larry Elman…there are some simple steps to tell if there are in the Esdaile state or faking it…..

1) Not responding to suggestions

2) Catatonic State….you can place arms anywhere you want.

There are more tests.

As a hypnotist you need to know what state the client is in,,,,or are they faking it.

There are so many overt and covert tests that can be done to determine the level of hypnosis….use them!

Most hypnotists don’t care at the level…or I should have level 5 and I don’t…What do I do?

If they are not at the right level, use convincers and deepners.

I like using Arons scale 1 – 6….don’t get confused about the details…you can break it into 3’s…light…
    medium….deep…the RT scale…

Do what feels natural to them and causes them no harm.

See you at NGG in Boston!!!!!