Hypnosis Pro Elronn Ferguson

Helping Clients with Relationship Issues and Heartbreak

Happy Hypno-Friday everyone and welcome to another free hypnosis training video here on www.CalBanyan.com. …The Elronnathon continues…

This week’s episode of Cal Banyan’s Hypnosis Etc., is another Elronn-only video. Since Elronn did such a good job last week, he decided to do a couple more for us all.

This time Elronn gives us some great tips for doing hypnotherapy with clients who have relationship issues. Specifically, the clients who are having trouble getting over a break up.

PLEASE feel free to leave your comments below and ask any questions of Elronn. He will be checking the comments area frequently.

Here are some of Elronn’s hypnosis topics in this episode:

• How to talk to potential clients with relationship issues on the phone.
  • Can relationship issues increase your client’s “bad behavior”?
  • Does your client have a pattern of heartbreak in relationships?
  • Don’t forget to validate your client’s feelings.
  • Avoid relationship cliché’s when talking to your client.
  • And More!

Suggested Reading: Here are some of the books that Elronn mentions: How to Break your Addiction to a Person, by Howard Halpern. The Journey from Abandonment to Healing, by Susan Anderson. Moving On, by John W. James & Russell Friedman. Elronn also mentions an article in Psychology Today entitled, A Thoroughly Modern Guide to Breakups.

Here are some more links related to the show:

Upcoming Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy Certification CoursesRegister Early for Substantial Discounts:

Certificates from the NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis Certification Super CourseCheck out the feedback from our grads!

Early registration discounts available, click those links now to register early. Questions? Call us at 469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390.

Hypnosis Etc. on FacebookKeep in touch and get THE latest insider info about this program:

Become a member of our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/hypnosisetc! You’ll get the “inside scoop” on different things from the show, and more!

Hypnosis VIPGet instant access
to 150+ of my hypnosis
training programs free!

6 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video Podcast #230: Helping Clients with Relationship Issues and Heartbreak

1. Melissa Jones July 1, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Well done Elronn, keep being cheesy!

2. Adriana Laming July 4, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Hi Elronn
    Lots of useful information, techniques and how to use them in a session, cool!
    I had forgotton the Vaginia Satir questions and today I have had some real fun trying them out on three different friends. (How do you feel about how you feel about that?) It had the effect of blowing out their boundries. After exclamations of, WHAT! rolling eyes, lost words and looks of total bewilderment, it was amazing some of the revelations they had. (I did have to slowly repeat the question a couple of times) and that was just in a social setting. (I will try using it with my next client and maybe not so much with the friends, if I want to keep them:)
    Good stuff Adriana

3. Celeste Hackett July 5, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Elron, love the standing up thing. You are a pro, I tell ya, not just in your on camera style, ability to express your ideas effectively on camera etc, but also in your hypnosis abilities and knowledge of people……Relationship issues are some of my favorite “problems” to work with. I tell my clients that break ups are difficult to get over without help because of all the emotions that come into play all at once. Sadness, Anger, fear of being alone, self confidence issues and sometimes even guilt can all play a major part…….Not sure if I believe in making promises, but I do believe in being confident and letting that give hope. You left us hanging a bit, but i know you can’t get everything in in 20 minutes, so I look forward to the next podcast!

4. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH July 5, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Hey Elronn – Thanks for continuing the Elronnithon this week.

You picked a topic I probably never would have thought of. I hope that your love life is excellent and that you will never need such services yourself. But if you did, now that you have done this video there is likely going to be someone out there in hypno-land that can help you. 🙂

See you in class next week!

5. Elronn July 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Celeste! So glad enjoyed the podcast. I had a really good time doing it and am looking forward to doing more. Let me clarify what I meant by making promises. Around here we have a saying that a good way to build rapport is to make promises and then keep them. Now, let’s be clear, I am not promising them things like a “guarantee”. More like suggesting how we make people feel by doing this process. A promise might sound something like: “What if just we wash away those painful emotions from the past… we do it all the time… You are going to feel so much better as you go through this process…” As far as making promises goes, I agree with you in the respect that I don’t want to give my clients false or unrealistic expectations. I suppose another way to say it would be: “Give your clients positive expectations by suggesting to them what kind of benefits they are going to experience” That would be more accurate! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. These podcasts are fun aren’t they? 😉

6. celeste hackett July 10, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Right on Elronny!  I figured we’d find some quick common ground on this point as I am on the same page with you.  I like to say stuff like, “well how are you going to like it when you ___________ ?  (such realize you’ve gone the whole day without thinking of her and you feel interested in the things you used to) Isn’t that going to be awesome?”  or simply, “from my experience this (whatever they are wanting) WILL happen.  We see these kinds of changes and benefits routinely.  I think you will be very pleased.”  That kind of stuff…….The other day a client’s wife got very upseet that he was seeing a hypnotist, me, for fear of public speaking.  She immediately got on the phone and found a PHD for him to talk to.  The PHD said the hypnosis, “wouldn’t hurt, but probably wouldn’t help.”  He looked at me for a response to that!  I just said, well, let’s just show them!  Because I think Mr. PHD is going to be very surprised.”  he loved that.  Anywho….keep up the great work.