Hypnotist Elronn Ferguson

Elronn is back! So now, Elronn and I can tackle this new series of controversial hypnosis and hypnotherapy topics starting with this episode of Hypnosis, Etc. Please tell your friends about this free hypnosis training video here on www.CalBanyan.com.

Now, let me start things off by saying that some people might not agree with us and sometimes we don’t agree with each other as we bring this discussion of the following controversial topics. The good thing is that this is all open to discussion, leave a comment below and be heard!

REMEMBER: National Guild of Hypnotist’s Solid Gold Weekend is going to be in Anaheim California, February 26 and 27, 2011!

NGH Solid GoldYou can get more details at www.NGH.net (more info coming).

I am going to be presenting on the topic of mastering hypnotic age regression and hypnotherapy.

Use this link to register, https://www.ngh.net/forms/solidgold.aspx.

Here are some of the topics we discuss:

• Should Hypnotherapists and Hypnotists be licensed?

• What is the minimum number of hours of training that should be required in order to be certified?

Here are some more links related to the show:

Hypnosis VIPGet instant access
to 150+ of my hypnosis
training programs free!

Keep in touch and get THE latest insider info about this program:

7 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video Podcast #207: Controversy! Should Hypnotists Be Licensed & How Many Hours Should Be Required for Certification?

1. Cal Banyan January 21, 2011 at 3:59 PM

I just confirmed that Elronn IS going to be at the National Guild of Hypnotists convention. Make sure you say “hi” to him while you are there. 🙂

2. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH January 21, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Oooops, I meant the NGH Solid Gold Weekend.  TGIF!

We are going to have to work on Elronn a bit more to get him to commit to going to the convention.  🙂

3. Dave January 22, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Good topics and subject matter.

I agree with Cal. Less Government, both State and Federal, the better. Having been involved in professions requiring licensure, you are asking for regulations which you will have not contemplated completely, and most assuredly do not want.

Licensing is about control, nothing more. If you seek control, understand you need a large enough group to control. When Hypnotists get to a grouping of 200,000+, it might pay to form an SRO. To do it now would kill the profession or at the very least stud its growth.

Hypnotism needs some time to disseminate its benefits and flourish a bit.

Elronn, in time this profession will be licensed as others, I have no doubt. Maybe you can organize and run the SRO.

Best,
    Dave

4. Elronn January 22, 2011 at 12:26 PM

As I said, having the profession licensed right at this minute is not a good idea. However, if in the future it is still a free for all like it is now I think that would be a bad thing. Like anything else, there are many problems that are created by the apparent “solution” to make a black and white case. I think that some basic regulations would be all that is necessary to weed out some of the crack pot trainings out there and promote competition between certification boards to have better standards. As it is, mostly all hypnosis schools are on a pass fail basis where everyone passes!!!
    I have to say that I agree with you though, being that there are simply not enough Hypnotherapists out there right now to warrant state regulations. At this point time, unfortunately, it would do more harm than good.

Elronn

5. Rob MacInnes January 22, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Another great podcast.

What you said Elron about it all coming down to marketing really strikes a chord with me. There is something about hypnosis marketing that makes me cringe at a very deep level and I could never quite put my finger on why that is. I might have to go and get some sessions myself for this.

I also think the 125 hours is really just the beginning of the training. In 5 PATH for example, going over products like the entire BOLSM set a few times on your own must count for at least 500 extra hours of study.

6. Adriana January 23, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Hi Cal & Elron
    I enjoyed your debate it made me smile:)
    Seriously though, when something is overseen by any government it is open to manipulation and corruption, based on the interests (usually financial) of parties concerned. What a thing to happen to the profession as a whole and it would’nt be the first profession it’s happened to.
    I agree training schools probably should be monitored by some sort of organisational body of hypnotists who know what they are talking about (representing a diversity of types of hypnosis so things are kept fresh). I don’t think here (in the UK) you can get insurured without proper accreditation (I could be wrong).
    Also people with only three days training might find it difficult to build a successful reputation if their clients problems return, (like taking the head off a dandelion and not removing the root) and in that case they may not last long anyway. OR -:) they could do just the opposite it may depend on what other qualities and experience they already have.
    Best wishes Adriana

7. wayne January 23, 2011 at 4:15 PM

thanks for all that food for thought.
    interesting stuff to think about