We did it! We worked out a time with Roy Hunter to come and do his very popular Parts Therapy workshop at our Center here in Tustin, California. This professional hypnosis training workshop will be a two day intensive program that ends with participants receiving a certificate of professional education.
You can learn more about Roy Hunter you should see the interview I did with him just a short while back. He has an extensive background, is a very well known and highly respected trainer in our profession. When you attend this course you will be learning from one of the very top experts on the use of Parts Therapy.
Roy Hunter wrote these highly acclaimed hypnosis books. You can learn more about them by clicking on the book cover below.
The information about this course is listed below, in order to enroll and get the latest information about this course go to www.BanyanHypnosisMall.com. Here is a shortcut that will take you right to the course information.
Date: September 22-23, 2007
Title: Introducing Client-Centered Parts Therapy, Professional Hypnosis Training
Format: 2-day workshop
Location: Banyan Hypnosis Center for Training & Services, Inc., 1431 Warner Avenue, Suite E, Tustin, CA, 92780
Program Description: How can you effectively help the client who struggles with an inner conflict? Someone who strongly desires to attain a goal, but who also experiences self-sabotage, may be a prime candidate for PARTS THERAPY. Often using different names, others emulate this profoundly beneficial technique taught and practiced by the late Charles Tebbetts.
Competently facilitated, Parts Therapy often helps people get past barriers when other techniques are insufficient. However, there are pitfalls that must be avoided in order to maximize results for your clients.
This workshop is experiential, and is a MUST for anyone not totally familiar with parts therapy or one of its variations. Roy Hunter himself will teach this course. He is the published author of two major hypnosis texts based on the teachings of the late Charles Tebbetts, as well as his new book, Hypnosis for Inner Conflict Resolution: Introducing Parts Therapy. All who attend will receive a participant workbook.
Objectives: Participants will learn…
- What parts therapy is
- When to use parts therapy
- Why parts therapy is best for some clients
- How to use parts therapy (complete step-by-step process)
- How to explain parts therapy to your clients, and why such explanation is needed
- Why it is so important to be an objective mediator
- How to avoid inappropriate leading, and the potential consequences of not doing so
- Why Roy Hunter added an important update on the Tebbetts Methods
- How to avoid common pitfalls that could put clients farther away from success
- Participants will have break-away practice sessions.
- Overview – What Is Parts Therapy? When Is Parts Therapy Appropriate? Who Will Most Likely Respond? Why Is Client-Centered Parts Therapy Effective? Variations; Who Was Charles Tebbetts? Article written by Charles Tebbetts; Important Updates
- Important Background Information – The Four Primary Hypnotherapy Objectives; Which Hypnotherapy Objectives Can Parts Therapy Fulfill? Why Training in Regression Therapy is a Prerequisite; Psychodynamics and Ideomotor Responding
- Proper Preparation – Defining Client-centered Parts Therapy; Explain Parts Therapy to the Client; Deepen Appropriately; Establish a Safe Place; Establish (or Confirm) Finger Responses; Verify Hypnotic Depth
- The 11-Step Process – An in-depth presentation of each of the 11 steps of the entire parts therapy process, potential detours and how to deal with them
- Role Play Exercises for each of the 11 steps
- Concluding the Session – Giving Additional Suggestions and/or Guided Imagery; Concluding the Session, wrap-up
- Supervised Practice Sessions – Break-away sessions, followed by group discussion of challenges encountered
- Potential Pitfalls and Other Concerns – Advance Explanation Not Given; Assuming Command and Giving Orders; Calling Out Too Many Parts; Casting Out Parts (Exorcism); Creating New Parts; Freezing or Immobilizing a Part; Getting Sidetracked; Multiple Personality Disorder; Alleged Entities; Skipping Steps; Taking Sides with the Dominant Part; Other Concerns
- Demonstrations and/or role play exercises (as time permits)
- New Frontiers (time permitting) – Spiritual Potential and More… Breaks as be scheduled as needed throughout each day. A certificate of professional education in parts therapy will be provided to all who attend both days.
Biographical Information: C. Roy Hunter, M.S., CHI, FAPHP, is the only hypnotherapist ever granted authority by the late Charles Tebbetts to certify other hypnotherapy instructors. He is a presenter who has taught professionals on both coasts as well as abroad, and is a regular contributor to the JOURNAL OF HYPNOTISM. He is a Fellow of the Association of Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, a member of the NGH, past president (and founding president) of the Pacific Northwest Chapter of NGH, and a charter member of OPEIU Local #104. Roy started practicing hypnotherapy in 1983, and has been teaching professional hypnotherapy at Tacoma Community College in Tacoma, Washington, since 1987. His current experience includes working with terminal cancer patients for the Fanciscan Hospice in Tacoma. Roy was personally trained by the legendary late Charles Tebbetts and has written several books on the subject, including The Art of Hypnosis, and The Art of Hypnotherapy. His latest book on parts therapy, Hypnosis for Inner Conflict Resolution: Introducing Parts Therapy, was published in 2005. Roy was inducted into the International Hypnosis Hall of Fame for his written contributions to the hypnotherapy profession, and was honored by the NGH with the Charles Tebbetts Award for spreading the light of hypnosis, and has received numerous other professional awards for his work. In August of 2005, he was awarded the Order of Braid by the NGH in recognition of a lifetime of outstanding achievement, dedication and service.