About Cal Banyan
Board Certified Hypnotist (BCH)
Thanks for visiting my website. Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
I first became interested in hypnosis as a child, when listening to my grandmother tell me stories about her brother, my Uncle Ward who was a hypnotist. That turned out to be the beginning of a lifelong interest in psychology, philosophy and theology, which as resulted in my professional career in hypnosis.
I know some of you want to know more so please read on.
Thanks again for stopping by,
Qualifications, Achievements and Awards
One of the most sought after and qualified hypnosis instructors with a background that ensures quality for those who want to train with one of the best in the field of hypnosis. Here is a partial list of my accomplishments:
CAL BANYAN is Truly a Recognized Authority
- BS & MA in Psychology from University of North Dakota
- Full time professional since 1996
- Member of the National Guild of Hypnotists* since 1996
- NGH Certified Instructor since 1999
- Writer for the NGH Journal of Hypnotism since 2000
- Published, Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy (book, 2001)
- NGH Board Certified since 2001
- NGH Certified Instructor of the Year 2002
- NGH Certified Instructor of the Year 2003
- NGH Educator of the Year 2003
- Published, The Secret Language of Feelings (book, 2003)
- Fellow of the National Guild of Hypnotists 2004
- NGH Counsel of the Order Braid Council 2005
- NGH Charles Tebbetts Award 2005
- Cover & Interview, NGH Journal of Hypnotism, June 2005
- Member of the NGH Advisory Board since 2006
- Member of the NGH Ethics Board since 2007
- NGH President’s Award, 2008
- Hypnotism Media Award of the Year 2010
- Diplomate of the National Guild of Hypnotism 2010
- NGH Rexford L. North Award 2012
- Published, Real Hypnosis Business Success (book, 2013)
- Designed and implemented the 5-PATH® IAHP Professional Accreditation Program, 2015
- Accredited by the 5-PATH® International Association of Hypnosis Professionals (IAHP), 2016
- NGH Ormond McGill Award, Best-of-the-best Convention Presenters, 2016
- Created the 5-PATH® IAHP Professional Certification to Conduct Online Sessions Course, 2019
Top Hypnosis Instructor & Honored Hypnotist!
Awards, Certifications and Credentials
He received his B.S. and M.A. degrees in Psychology at the University of North Dakota.
Click here to see Curriculum Vitae
Curriculum Vitae For Calvin D. Banyan, MA Board Certified Hypnotist and Instructor
275 West Campbell Road, Suite 245
North Dallas, Texas 75080
469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390
C.E.O. and Supervising Hypnotist at The Hypnosis Center, Inc., using over 25 years’ experience as a Hypnotist and Hypnotherapist full time, and over 20 years’ experience as a Certified Instructor, having trained thousands of hypnosis professional and mental health professionals alike.
Became a Board Certified Hypnotist on August 15, 2001.
Director of the Banyan Hypnosis Center for Training and Services, Inc. School of Hypnosis (California State Registered School).
Summary of Skills
- Classical Hypnotic Inductions
- Instant and Rapid Inductions
- Emotion Inductions
- Hypnosis Script Writing
- Training and Supervising Hypnotists
- Age Regression
- Hypnotic Forgiveness Work
- Hypnotic Parts Work
- Development and Instruction of Five Phase Abreacting Hypnotic Hypnosis (5PATH®)
- Development and Instruction of 7th Path System of Self-Hypnosis
- Public Speaker
- Conducting Supervision for Hypnotists
Summary of Qualifications
Certified as a Master Hypnotist (CH) by the National Guild of Hypnotists.
Certified as Instructor (CI) by the National Guild of Hypnotists, currently teaching NGH curriculum and Five Phase Abreacting Hypnotic Hypnosis system to hypnotists internationally.
Chief Executive Officer of the Banyan Hypnosis Center for Training & Services, Inc., Mounds View, Minnesota.
Instructed courses for the United States Air Force, as well as state and county professionals, as well as teaching as a guest instructor at the university level.
Listed in the National Registers, Who’s Who in Executives and Businesses.
More than six years clinical experience: psychotherapy, and treatment planning.
Published in the following peer review professional journals: American Psychological Association and American Psychiatric Association journals.
Published in the National Guild of Hypnotists Hypno-Gram.
Published in the National Guild of Hypnotists Journal of Hypnotism, having an ongoing section in that journal.
Board Certified Hypnotist by the National Guild of Hypnotists (BCH).
Awarded Certified Instructor of the Year, 2002 and 2003, by the National Guild of Hypnotists.
Awarded Educator of the Year 2003, by the National Guild of Hypnotists.
Became a Fellow of the National Guild of Hypnotists in 2004.
Awarded the Charles Tebbetts, Shining the Light of Hypnosis Award, 2005.
Entered in to the National Guild of Hypnotists' Order of Braid (OOB) 2005.
(Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, incomplete, all but dissertation, University of North Dakota)
M.A., University of North Dakota, Psychology
B.S., University of North Dakota, Psychology
Courses In Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy:
University of Minnesota
Workshops on Clinical Hypnosis (Advanced),06/15/2000 - 06/17/2000
National Guild of Hypnotists
Hypnotherapist Certification, 03/07/1996
Systematic Approach of Hypnotherapy, completed 11/02/1996
Train the Trainer- Instructor Level I and II, completed 04/24/1999
How To Teach A College Course On Hypnosis, completed 08/12/1998
Hypnotic Anesthesia for Pain Management, completed 08/14/1997
Board Certified Hypnotherapist, 08/15/2001
Ramey Hypnosis Association
Ultra Depth Practitioner, completed 08/17/1999
Omni Hypnosis Training Center
Master Hypnotist, completed 03/01/1996
Hypnotherapist, completed 03/03/1996
Advanced Hypnotherapy, 02/17/1999
Summa Cum Laude (BS Psychology)
National Guild of Hypnotists
National Board for Hypnotherapy and Hypnotic Anaesthesiology, 1997
Minnesota Chapter of the National Guild of Hypnotists, 1999
International Council for Medical and Clinical Therapists, 1999
National Federation of Hypnotists, since 2000
National Health Freedom Coalition since 2005
Minnesota Health Freedom Coalition since 2005
"Self Disclosure: Face To Face vs. Anonymous Interview Via Computer Telecommunications, Dr. Mark Grabe (Advisor), Dr. Alan King (Director).
"Effect of Computer Voice Synthesis On Computer Based Teaching"
Training NCO, Security Police, George AFB, CA
Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of North Dakota, ND
Certified Instructor, for the National Guild of Hypnotists, The Hypnosis Center, Inc., Mounds View, MN, 1999 to Present (Courses have been taught domestically and internationally)
Presented To The National Guild of Hypnotists Convention, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005.
Teaching NGH Hypnosis Certification courses since 1999.
Teaching Advanced Hypnosis Certification courses since 2000.
Supervising hypnotists online via video conference since 2005.
Supervising hypnotists in groups since 2004.
Supervising hypnotists one on one since 1997.
National Guild of Hypnotists current curriculum.
Teaching and further development of Five-Phase Abreacting Hypnotic Hypnosis® (5-PATH®).
Teaching 7th Path Mind-Body-Spirit Self-Hypnosis®.
Bringing leading edge hypnotic technology to professionals, in Medicine, Psychology and Counseling.
Writing instructional materials ranging from articles for the Internet, journals, books, audio and video programs.
Classical vs. Rapid and Instant Inductions
Intra-Psychic Mediation as Parts Work (Parts Mediation Work™)
Hypnotic Age Regression Techniques
Forgiveness As A Hypnotic Intervention
Abreaction and Self-Hypnosis
The Effects of Emotions on Behavior and Health
National Guild of Hypnotists, 1996-Present (Advisory Board Member and Ethics Board Member since January 2006)
National Board for Hypnosis and Hypnotic Anaesthesiology, 1997-1999
Minneapolis, Minnesota Chapter of the National Guild of Hypnotists, 1999-2000
St. Paul, Minnesota Chapter of the National Guild of Hypnotists, 2002-2006
International Council for Medical and Clinical Hypnotists, 1999
"Effects of Voice Synthesis In A Computerized Teaching Paradigm," Teaching of Psychology, January, 1991 (American Psychological Association).
"Using Conflict Mediation Applied to SMI In transitional-living," Hospital and Community Psychiatry, June, 1992 (American Psychiatric Association).
"How To Get Your Clients To Continue In Their Therapy," 5-3-2000, www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"Hypnotherapists Needed To Fill Demand," 7-25-2000, www.hypnosiscenter.com. (previously published in Twin Cities Wellness).
"Doing Hypnotherapy Using Suggestion, Age Regression and Other Insight Techniques," 8-29-2000, www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"100+ Hypnosis Tips, Insider Secrets and Techniques (Direct Suggestion and Age Regression)," 9-10-2000, www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"Powerful Two Session Approach For Smoking Cessation Using 5-Path, A Universal Approach To Hypnotherapy," 9-26-2000, www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"Learn About A Systematic and Universal Approach to Hypnotherapy," 10-7-2000(Covers Age Regression & more), www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"Brief Overview Of the 5-PATH® Hypnotherapy System," 10-28-2000, www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"The Elman-Banyan Hypnotic Induction," 11-10-2000, www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"How To Get The Most Out of Your First Hypnosis Session," (For Clients), 3-19-2001, www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"To Forgive, Or Not To Forgive: Is Forgiveness Required For Good Hypnotherapy?" (5-30-2001), www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Is A Leading Edge Career," 7-8-2001, www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"Use Hidden Tests And Convincers To Improve Success and Receive More Referrals," 8-18-2001), www.hypnosiscenter.com. (Subsequently published in the NGH, Hypno-Gram, October/November, 2001.)
"Why You Should Not Do Past Life Regression Therapy (On Purpose)", 8-28-2001, www.hypnosiscenter.com.
"Ten Keys To Forgiveness," 11-7-2001, www.hypnosiscenter.com.
Banyan CD, Use Hidden Tests And Convincers. Hypno-Gram, October/November 2001 (National Guild of Hypnotists). (Previously published on www.hypnosiscenter.com, 8-18-2001).
Banyan CD, Kein GF, Hypnosis And Hypnotherapy: Basic To Advanced Technique for the Professional. Abbot Publishing House, 2001.
Banyan CD, The Secret Language of Feelings. Abbot Publishing House, 2003.
~ Document Last Revised: March 24, 2006 ~
He has worked as a Psychologist at the North Dakota State Hospital, and with Lutheran Social Services as a Family Therapist.
- Mr. Banyan is the founder and C.E.O. of the Banyan Hypnosis Center for Training & Services, Inc.
- Contributed to several other books including, Hypnotize This (Zalman) and Official Consumer Guide to Hypnotism (National Guild of Hypnotists).
- Featured on KARE 11 News Extra and KFAI Radio FM Health Matters, WCCO Channel 4 News Special Dimension, KFAI Radio, WCCO Radio 830 AM, and Channel 9 News, Minneapolis, MN. As well as WB 11 KPIX TV, with Toni Senecal in New York, NY, and more!
Mr. Banyan has published in the following scientific, professional and popular publications:
- Teaching Psychology (American Psychological Association)
- Hospital and Community Psychiatry (American Psychiatric Association)
- Hypno-Gram (National Guild of Hypnotists)
- The Journal of Hypnotism (National Guild of Hypnotist, as a contributing author to the journal.)
- Also published in these popular publications, The Edge Newspaper and Twin Cities Wellness
- Mr. Banyan is listed in and a member of Who’s Who In Mental Health On the Web. He speaks at the National Guild of Hypnotists Annual Convention each year and frequently speaks at NGH’s Solid Gold Weekend, 2005.
- Mr. Banyan has an ongoing hypnosis podcast, Hypnosis, Etc. with over 300 shows so far.
At the Banyan Hypnosis Center for Training & Services Hypnosis Really Works!
Yep that’s me. I’m about 290 pounds there and I thought that I would eventually explode, because I just kept gaining weight. Then, I became my own experiment and applied what I had been learning from my clients (while they were in hypnosis) to myself. I used this unique understanding of food addiction and hypnosis on myself. Now, I’ve lost about 60 pounds to date (1/2001) and continue to become slimmer.
I learned how to beat the fattening compulsion of eating out of emotions like boredom, stress, anxiety, frustration and just being tired. Now I lose weight and I never feel hungry or deprived! Questions? Give us a call.
As Seen On TV & Heard On Radio
Cal Banyan on WB 11 KPIX-TV New York as he demonstrates hypnosis to a local hypnosis group in New York, and gives Toni Senecal (TV Personality) and Pat Ivers (Producer) a copy of his new book! They said that they had a wonderful time and everyone learned a lot about hypnosis!
- As Seen On KARE 11 News Extra We used hypnotic regression to help Pat Miles find her father’s W.W. II prisoner of war diary! She was very pleased. We are glad we could help.
- WCCO Channel 4 News Special Dimension Reporter Bridget Borenstein followed the progress of one of our clients as she lost 17 pounds during her first few weeks using 7th Path Self-Hypnosis®.
New Newspaper Article on The Secret Language of Feelings
Click on the graphics on the left to read the article. Then click here to learn more about Banyan’s new book. The Secret Language of Feelings: A Rational Approach To Emotional Mastery, informs the reader how to start making sense of this secret language that resides inside all of us.
This language it trying to communicate with each of us so that we can be happier and more successful in life.
Sharing Ideas Magazine
The leading international magazine for speakers, large meeting planners, trainers and seminary leaders has reviewed Calvin Banyan’s new book and says, “The Secret Language of Feelings, is a fresh look at emotions and how they affect you.”
Hypnosis Training with Calvin Banyan
Mr. Banyan teaches a professional 10-day hypnosis certification a minimum of 3 times a year. NGH Approved Banyan Professional Hypnosis Training Program
He teaches advanced 7-day hypnosis training about once per year. Week of Power – Advanced Hypnosis Training Course