hypnosis and hypnotherapy trainer cal banyan

Happy Hypno-Tuesday! On this special episode of Hypnosis Etc. on www.CalBanyan.com, Cal has a brand new co-host. How exciting!

In this latest Hypnosis Etc. episode, I begin by discussing how amazing this year’s NGH Annual Convention was and how NGH Members can join NGHNetwork.com, the new social networking website for NGH members only.

Next, I introduce my brand new “co-host” Guess who? It’s not Celeste, Elronn or Meredith. AND, should I keep using her from time to time? Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Watch this video and you will learn some helpful tips, tricks and techniques about a variety of hypnosis topics, including affirmation and hypnotic suggestions, pro bono hypnosis sessions, and much more…

hypnosis coffee cup at banyan hypnosis store

Hey one quick thing, if you want to get a great looking mug/cup like I have in the video, or a whole bunch of other cool promotional items, go to the Banyan Hypnosis Store on Zazzle. AND, if you have some ideas that you would like to see in our store leave a comment.

hypnosis coffee cup at banyan hypnosis store

Here is a link to the Hypnotic Seashore with Music CDs that we use.

hypnosis coffee cup at banyan hypnosis store

facebook hypnosisetcHelp us to reach 1,000 fans! And, at the same time you can become a hypnosis insider by following us on Facebook! We post about what is going on between each episode and get input from you as well. Check us out and “Like Us” on www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc. Thanks a whole lot!

Today’s Discussion Points:

• Can my computer be a co-host on the show?
  • What’s the difference between affirmations and hypnotic suggestions?
  • What kind of background music should hypnotists use in their sessions?
  • Should you do hypnosis sessions pro bono?
  • Should I continue with advanced techniques (such as age regression, etc.) when direct suggestion alone seems to have fixed the problem?

Hot Links: Links Mentioned in this Podcast, Etc.

hypnosisetc on apple itunesOur program is on iTunes. Available on audio and video. Got an iPhone or iPad? Subscribe to this podcast and download our programs automatically.

Get Professional Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy Training – With early registration discounts available.

Certificates from the NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis Certification Super CourseRead What Our Grads Say!
Questions?
Call us at
469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390

Hypnosis VIPAlso remember to stay in touch and on the inside by becoming part of our VIP Program, and by “Liking” our facebook page at www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc.

Click the “BE a VIP” button for FREE INSTANT ACCESS
Get a super easy linked list of all Hypnosis, Etc. training videos!
There is no better way to get started accessing all these videos.
VIP Membership is free – Click Now!

18 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video #292: Hypnosis Tips about Affirmations and Hypnotic Suggestions, Pro Bono Hypnosis Sessions, and Much More

1. celestehackett September 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Wow! Meredith and I need to be scared, very scared. Cuz that hypno-computer-lady is pretty perfect!

So Glad to see Rex on your table! Maybe we could computer animate him and then give him a voice and Meredith and I could replace you. Tee heee heeee.

2. issac weiss September 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Sorry computer co-host you don’t sound as hot as Celeste, or Meredith and not as funny as Elronn.

Cal I guess you got Lonely, or bored to do a all cal episode, who knows maybe angry or frustrated, all stressed from having to do it alone. Hope it’s a healthy depression, so we can get CELESTE BACK.

Any way Gold as always, thanks.

Issac Weiss, BCH

Hypnosis Montreal

3. Ricardo September 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I think you should fire up your computer co-host!

Bring back Celeste! 🙂

BTW, as I remembered Celeste quited from Podcasting because she was having too much work as hypnotherapist. Since she is goint to be back does it means that that has been less work for hypnotherapy?

Best Regrads!

4. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH September 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Celeste – Well, according to the comments so far you and Meredith have NOTHING to be afraid of, that’s for sure. Oh, and “Yes” the “Rex” does look mighty fine back there in the table doesn’t it. 😉

Issac, I think you have a bias against computers. The best thing about the computer is that I can program it to say whatever I want it too. With Celeste and Meredith you never know what they might say next (but that is not really a bad thing). I think I might do the computer co-host thing in the future though. I think it was kind of fun. You will definietly hear her again next podcast because I recorded to videos with her in it.

Recardo, So obviously you are another person who is biased against computers! lol But Celeste and Meredith do such a fine job I’ll keep them on the show as long as they still want to do it with me. They are irreplaceable. 🙂

By the way, please go to http://www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc and “Like” the page when you get a chance we want to see how far past 1000 we can get this week. We just hit 1001! Thanks, Cal

5. Celeste Hackett September 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Hey thanks for your vote of confidence Isaac LOL!  Meredith and I are so excited to be rotating in the spotlight.  We are good friends and had such a great visit at the recent NGH convention.  In fact when you see me on the podcast you’ll notice I got a new set I’ll be recording from and there is a photo of me and Meredith behind me on it.  She is just as beautiful on the inside as the outside.  I just love her as everybody does.  Her mom is awesome too.

Thank you Ricardo for speaking up against a very mean spirited computer hypno co host who  is evil and wants to banish me and Meredith LOL!  And Cal fell for your ploys.  Geez what will that guy do next when an electronic woman can play with his devotion like that LOL!

As to your question about my business being slower NO it’s better than ever!  Last year I made 80K.  This year I finally hope to hit that ever sought after 100k.  I don’t say it to brag (hope it doesnt’ sound like thata) but to bring hope.  If I can do it, you can  too.  Too many hypnotists are struggling and they don’t have to.  Hold the vision and never give up!

6. celeste hackett September 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM

As to you Cal, GOOD.  I hope you learned your lesson.

7. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH September 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM

“Learned my lesson”? Well, only time will tell. 😉

8. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH September 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Hey everyone, I just got an idea. What do you think of Celeste and Meredith doing a podcast with just the two of them? Would that be too much estrogen for one podcast?

9. Celeste Hackett September 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

YES, let us do one together.  Then you will really  learn your lesson wah ha ha ha haaaaaaa!  :o).

10. Meredith Locher, MA, CH September 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Aren’t you all just so excited Celeste is coming back!?! I’m certainly going to miss my friend, Elronn, but my friend, Celeste, is just so much fun…and super smart…and has such a great way of making things understandable!

Thanks so much, Issac, for watching, for your comment and for preferring us humans over computer animation. Thanks too for your kind words of compliment! So happy to hear we won’t be replaced for good by a computer although, how great is that in a pinch!?!

And as far as another Celeste and Meredith show, (yes, we did do a couple case history episodes together in the past – anyone remember those?) that will all depend on our very busy schedules since we’re alternating for good, busy reasons. 🙂 But, I’m sure it could be arranged at some point.

Love to you all!
    Meredith

11. Meredith Locher, MA, CH September 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I guess “computer animation” isn’t accurate, is it? Computer vocalization! That’s what I meant to call it!

Meredith

12. Brenda Titus September 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I definitely found some comic relief in having the computer co-host, especially if you notice the way that she says “hypnosis”- she puts the “hip” back in “hip-nosis!” You had some great questions with the computer co-host, but I did miss the banter between Cal and the co-host, as well as the warmth that cannot be duplicated by a computer. Even more reasons to look forward to Celeste coming back and Meredith sticking around. 🙂

13. Ricardo September 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Hi Cal.
    No, actually I have IT formation ^^. I just don’t like machines replacing humans everwhere we go, day by day. But of corse it did the job fine that time 🙂

Thank you for answering, Celeste. I’m happy to hear that you are having so much success! You sound like a very good person.

I agree with a few podcasts with Celeste and Meredith together! And I would also like to see some more “random” guests related to the world of hypnosis doing some podcasts with you Cal, like you did before with Roy Hunter, James Raymey, etc. What do you think?

14. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH September 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Hello Ricardo – Thanks for leaving a comment. So far you are definitely in majority. I think I will have to save the computer co-host idea for when I do an all-Cal episode and I want to make things more interesting.

I agree with you, I like having special guests on the show as well. It is difficult to get someone really great on the show unless they just happen to be in the area or I would do it more often. If you want to suggest a name or two I would be happy to consider having them on the program for an episode or two. (I can do a remote with them if they are technically savvy. I did this with Jerry Valley in the past.)

Let’s do GREAT things together,

15. Dan Miller October 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

The computer co-host was something else and rather effective, too. It was almost scary. Interesting discussion about affirmations versus hypnotic suggestions. I love the sound of the seashore; it is relaxing and opens up my mind. It may also be a fact it brings back happy memories of growing up in a beach town.

16. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH October 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Hello Dan – Thanks for your comment. I’m glad you thought the use of the computer generated co-host was effective.

Here’s to your success!

17. Susan Mundy July 20, 2015 at 4:15 AM

Thank goodness you got the gals & Elron back Cal…

I like your advice on pro bono sessions Cal. I’ve made the mistake myself, thinking it was appropriate as I was becoming more experienced. While those clients have done well, they had difficulty keeping appointments & were painful in some respects expecting me to cater to their schedules rather than the other way around. Perhaps not intentionally, but I felt I was being treated with a lack of respect. I agree with you Cal… best to ensure the clients have an investment in the process. Anything for nothing has little or no value.

Susan

18. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH July 20, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Hi Susan – Yup, it is human nature. People only value what they put time, money or effort into. It is best to charge as much as you can for your sessions and have them pay before the session begins. They they are properly invested. AND, THEY get a better result. Thanks, Cal