Ten Keys for Successful Age Regression Work – Part 3

Another happy Friday to everyone! We continue with our very interesting new series, Ten Keys for Successful Age Regression Work. So far in the series, we have gone through the first four “Keys”. Here is a link to the previous episodes on these keys to doing successful age regression (Part One and Part Two). Make sure you watch or listen to those programs first. That way this episode will make a whole lot more sense!

Here are the first four of the Ten Keys for Successful Age Regression Work, that we have gone through so far:

1. Successful Hypnotic Age Regression Key #1: Proper client preparation, induction, deepening and testing.

2. Successful Hypnotic Age Regression Key #2: Using the correct type of AR.

3. Successful Hypnotic Age Regression Key #3: Creating a Powerful Bridge

4. Successful Hypnotic Age Regression Key #4: First Regress to an SSE not ISE.

In this hypnosis training video podcast, we cover two more of the Ten Keys for Successful Age Regression Work.

5. Successful Hypnotic Age Regression Key #5: The Fantastic 5 questions.

• What’s happening?
  • How old are you?
  • What are you thinking?
  • What are you feeling?
  • Is that feeling familiar or new?

6. Successful Hypnotic Age Regression Key #6: Know how to confirm you have the ISE.

• The client says the feeling is new.
  • Regress the client to just before the ISE.
  • The client easily accepts information during the informed child technique.

Here is the Understanding Age Regression Chart we refer to in this episode.

Understanding Age Regression

Key for Abbreviations on the Understanding of Age Regression Graphic:

• ISE: Initial Sensitizing Event
  • SSE: Subsequent Sensitizing Event
  • BISE: Before Initial Sensitizing Even
  • ICT: Informed Child Technique
  • GU: Grown Up
  • FS: Future Self

Links to Hypnosis Resources:

Leave us a comment below and let us know what you think, or leave a question for one of our next hypnosis training programs.

10 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video Podcast #110: Ten Keys for Successful Age Regression Work – Part 3

1. celeste Hackett March 28, 2009 at 4:00 AM

Meredith,

THAT teal color is DEFINITELY your color. You look beautiful and you sound great. You really know your stuff. Great Show you two!

If you want to get a little free training about age regression this is the place to do it. Great hypnosis stuff here!

I watch every week!

Celeste Hackett

2. Meredith Locher, MA, CH March 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Thanks so much, Celeste! Your feedback means so much to me. And aren’t you proud of Cal getting better with calling me by my name instead of yours?
    Meredith

3. Beverley McKie March 31, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Thanks guys, these AR podcasts are so insightful. You’re enthusiasm for the subject/topic is contagious.
    This is the 3rd time I have logged to you and I look forward to so many more. many thanks, Beverley

4. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH August 26, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Hi Beverly,

Thanks for your kind comments about the work we do! We REALLY appreciate the feedback.

If you are not already a VIP member, make sure you sign up and you will get a weekly newsletter letting you know when each new program is posted (plus some other cool stuff).

Thanks again,

5. Elaine Martin June 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I am so enjoying your podcasts Meredith and Cal, so much fantastic information. I thought I was quite competent in Age Regression until I watched you both and I am in awe of how much knowledge you guys have and it all makes so much sense.  I so want to come and train with you, am saving up my pennies!!
    Have a question about when you may get to a point where the client appears stuck, may have been through a few SSE’s and then client sees nothing, all blank, I think you talked briefly about no mans land Meredith.  So if tapping on the head 3 times does not help move either forward or backwards whats tips do you have for the kind of scenario.  I have had it a few times with clients suffering from anxiety and one pain client.  In the pain clients case there was a lot of resistence, we found there was a lot of benefit in him keeping the pain.  Based on what you have said I would probably take them back to an SSE that he has identified and then start again if I feel it would be beneficial or as I somtimes have to do is to bring them back and look at a different approach, a different angle.  Interested in your comments on this.  Thanks Elaine

6. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH August 24, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Thanks Elaine – You need to be firm with your clients. They need to be compliant our you can’t help them. If they are deep enough, and they understand the instructions then they are refusing to go.

Remember that when there is significant benefit to keeping the problem, like you talk about in your message, you will have to consider that the secondary gain needs to be worked with. I just did a workshop on Part Mediation Therapy for Secondary Gain at this latest NGH convention. I’m sure they made a recording. Contact them and see.

With you on the Path,

7. Susan Mundy January 28, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Another excellent episode on AR, thanks Cal & Meredith.

A question I’d like you to answer please Cal is regarding what to do if a client sounds like they are not revivifying & we’re already at an SSE.

For example, a recent male client, very analytical guy, but had a great session one. Very confident about hypnosis & me, passed covert testing (new 5-PATH induction) but during AR it was obvious he was focusing on memories by his answers. For example, When asked “familiar or new?” He responded, “then or now?”.
    What is the correct thing to do from that point on, in the session?

I don’t believe he was being non compliant, but perhaps not deep enough? Despite passing the tests. I managed to save the session, with a pretty good outcome I feel…but, it’s been playing on mind as to the proper way to handle it in future. As a 5-PATHer, I excellent outcomes.

Reviewing these episodes is helping again, but I’d really appreciate your advice.

Thanks again for everything you do.

Susan

8. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH January 29, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Susan – In the kind of case you are asking about I simply let the client know that I am not talking to the “adult aspect” of the client, that I am talking to the “regressed aspect” of the client. So I would say something like, “Grownup, I’m not talking to you. Be (say the age of the regressed client) 7 is that feeling familiar or new?

Sometimes it is as simple as the client gets mixed up. Other times they are trying to avoid regression to a sad or otherwise painful event so they respond as a the “adult” to avoid feeling those feelings that 7 experienced. So just say “Groun-up, I’m not talking to you, I’m talking to 7. 7 is it day time or night time?” or whatever other question that you are asking.

With you on the Path,

9. Susan Mundy January 29, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Ahhh…perfect! Thank you Cal, that’s exactly what I needed.
    I recal that now from our training, but it obviously got lost in the moment during my session.

You’ll be pleased to know that I’ve just finished watching 12 episodes on AR (some for my 2nd/3rd viewing!) and I am STILL learning from them. 😉

I am so grateful to you Cal for these episodes and everything you do for us. Thanks.

Susan

10. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH January 30, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Susan – Thanks again for your feedback and also for letting all the 5-PATHers on the Yahoo group know about the value of these free videos!

Glad you are still learning, I am too.