This is the final episode of the Hypnosis, Etc. with Celeste Hackett hypnosis training program. Hypnosis, Etc. will continue but Celeste is just too darn busy with her hypnosis practice and other projects to be able to commit to doing our program. I want to thank her so much for being my partner for the last 60 or so episodes! The show will continue with a new partner (to be on the show next week!). Check back next week to see who will be working with me.

Like the title says, this week we answer a question from a hypnotherapist who is a regular viewer of our program who has some questions about working with a client who is "hard of hearing". There are some things you can do before and during the hypnosis part of the session that can cause these hypnosis sessions to work out very well.

Next, I talk about an excellent way to handle it if your client opens her eyes during the session. Use this technique and your client will close her eyes and go deeper into hypnosis than she was before.

I give you a great tip on how to troubleshoot sessions that are not going well, i.e., when a technique does not work when you think it should. Understanding this hypnotherapeutic approach can fix a lot of your difficult sessions.

Finally, I get to answer a really cool question about doing age regression and how to handle it when your client regresses all the way back to the being in the womb. This leads into an interesting discussion about how hypnotic age regression can be done to get maximum results. I think that some of my comments about this may be controversial! If you are interested in learning about hypnotic age regression, this segment of the our hypnosis training program will be of particular interest.

That is it for this Hypnosis, Etc. training video. I hope everyone who has not yet left a comment for Celeste to say thanks and "good bye", this is your chance.

Check back next week and see who my new co-host is. She is a really great hypnotherapist and I think she is going to add a lot to the program. (Of course, no one could replace Celeste, but my new partner will be great in her own way.)

Remember to leave a comment below!

6 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video Podcast #103: Hypnotherapy with “Hard of Hearing” Clients, What Should You Do If Your Clients Open Their Eyes During a Hypnosis Session, Troubleshooting Hypnotism Sessions, and an Interesting Question about Doing Hypnotic Age Regression

1. Nancy PHilpott February 5, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Hi Cal and Celeste. I want to tell you how much I appreciate the hard work you’ve both contributed to the podcasts. I’ve learned sooooo much from them. You were a dynamic duo together and I will miss your combined talent. Celeste, your “radio personality talent” made the podcasts unique and extra special. I wish you the best with your practice Celeste. Nancy

2. Steve R. February 5, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Recently worked with a client who had difficulties keeping her eyes closed during the sessions. She was just much more comfortable working with her eyes open. After determining that it wasn’t a trust or fear issue, we proceeded with a rather simple solution: we went ahead with the session including age regression work with her eyes open. I just had her stare at the blank wall in front of her (I keep this wall purposely empty of any distracting objects). After all, there’s not really a requirement that someone’s eyes be closed to do this work, is there? — although closed eyes may be helpful for making it easier to focus.

In later sessions, she simply brought along a handkerchief and covered up her eyes with it, so that she could keep her eyes open underneath the cover of the handkerchief. (The fact that she was willing to do the work blindfolded with her eyes open confirmed to me that it was not a trust or fear of hypnosis problem)

Re: working with hard-of-hearing clients- because I’ve been working with many older clients lately, I got a voice amplifier that does not require the client to wear a headphone setup. It is not very expensive and you can get it on Amazon: it’s called the Hisonic Waistband Voice & Speech Amplifier, HS125. This is a real voice-saver!

Also, the advice you give about just telling the client that it’s OK to ask me to speak up is something I do with every client, because it reinforces the idea that the client is always in control and not in some paralytic, vulnerable state.

PS. FAREWELL CELESTE, I WILL MISS SEEING YOU ON THESE VIDEOS!

3. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH February 5, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Nancy – Thanks for your kind comments about the podcast. We will all miss Celeste! I hope that my new co-host will be as well received. 🙂 Thanks for the comment love.

Steve – Thanks for your thoughtful comment. Every point you make is excellent! You are right on, as they say.

4. Celeste February 5, 2009 at 6:29 PM

thanks Nancy and everyone. I’ll be around! AND I’ll be watching Hypnosis Etc and the new co-host I am sure will be great. Cal has good taste in co-hosts..ha ha

Celeste

5. Celeste February 5, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Celeste

6. Hypnotherapist February 18, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Thanks for the beautiful post & the comment by Steve. It was really an informative post.