Hypnosis for Overcoming OCD Symptoms and Bad Habits Using 5-PATH®
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback on this series. I’m reading that you are really enjoying the fact that I am teaching at this more advanced level in these podcasts. I will continue to do as much advanced teaching as I can, but also mixing it up with more intermediate and sometimes basic topics as well.
Well, let’s continue with the series; as usual I will “pluck” a question from one of our hypnosis discussion groups on Yahoo! and paraphrase it to use in the example. Then I will go over the general points listed below, and then wrap it up by applying those principles to the example.
Question: I’m ready to do a third session for hair pulling with a client, who had a lot of difficulty with the AR session. She seemed to have a lot of difficulty “seeing and feeling anything” during the AR. I tried Parts therapy on her and she said that both parts had come to an agreement on what to do rather than pulling her hair, and now the habit has been reduced quite a bit, but she is still pulling her hair. Any suggestions as to what I should do next?
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a Psychological/Psychiatric diagnosis. So you need a referral if you client has been diagnosed. Be aware that this is not true when clients self diagnose.
- You want to seek these referrals because they will help to build your practice.
- Hypnotists don’t make such diagnoses. We simply work using the principle that there is either a belief or emotion that the client is experiencing, and this driving the problem.
- So there is either a cognitive or emotional or both driving the problem, and so 5-PATH® is the indicated treatment.
- Also, remember that 5-PATH® has a system to deal with Secondary Gain if it exists.
There it is! I hope that you are also considering joining one of our email groups on Yahoo, so that you can join in on the ongoing discussions. And also visit our other websites for learn more about hypnosis training in your area, through the Internet, or by way of DVD series.
Cal Banyan’s Hypnosis Training Podcast #16 (right-click and save as…)
PS – Remember to read about the National Guild of Hypnotists’ Solid Gold Weekend in February. It is going to be grrrrrreat! 🙂