Free Hypnosis Podcast

Hypnosis for Overcoming OCD Symptoms and Bad Habits Using 5-PATH®

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback on this series. I’m reading that you are really enjoying the fact that I am teaching at this more advanced level in these podcasts. I will continue to do as much advanced teaching as I can, but also mixing it up with more intermediate and sometimes basic topics as well.

Well, let’s continue with the series; as usual I will “pluck” a question from one of our hypnosis discussion groups on Yahoo! and paraphrase it to use in the example. Then I will go over the general points listed below, and then wrap it up by applying those principles to the example.

Question: I’m ready to do a third session for hair pulling with a client, who had a lot of difficulty with the AR session. She seemed to have a lot of difficulty “seeing and feeling anything” during the AR. I tried Parts therapy on her and she said that both parts had come to an agreement on what to do rather than pulling her hair, and now the habit has been reduced quite a bit, but she is still pulling her hair. Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

1. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a Psychological/Psychiatric diagnosis. So you need a referral if you client has been diagnosed. Be aware that this is not true when clients self diagnose.
  2. You want to seek these referrals because they will help to build your practice.
  3. Hypnotists don’t make such diagnoses. We simply work using the principle that there is either a belief or emotion that the client is experiencing, and this driving the problem.
  4. So there is either a cognitive or emotional or both driving the problem, and so 5-PATH® is the indicated treatment.
  5. Also, remember that 5-PATH® has a system to deal with Secondary Gain if it exists.

There it is! I hope that you are also considering joining one of our email groups on Yahoo, so that you can join in on the ongoing discussions. And also visit our other websites for learn more about hypnosis training in your area, through the Internet, or by way of DVD series.

Podcast Icon Cal Banyan’s Hypnosis Training Podcast #16 (right-click and save as…)

PS – Remember to read about the National Guild of Hypnotists’ Solid Gold Weekend in February. It is going to be grrrrrreat! 🙂

8 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Podcast by Cal Banyan #16: Hypnosis for Overcoming OCD Symptoms and Bad Habits Using 5-PATH®

1. Angela Derzaph November 18, 2006 at 5:08 PM

Fantastic. I get so excited when I see these podcasts now. Where can I find all the others so I can start from the beginning as I am new to your group.
    Sincerely,Angela Derzaph M,Ht,HBCE
    Edmonton,Ab,Canada
    I would really like to know how to help a client who has been trying to get pregnant for over a year.

2. Angela Derzaph November 18, 2006 at 5:21 PM

Dearest Cal
    My dear friend has a son who is 12 and has OCD as well as ticks and is on medication. What could I do to help?
    Sincerely, Angela Derzaph,M.Ht,HBCE
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

3. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH November 19, 2006 at 11:39 PM

Hello Angela,

I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s son’s problems. I suggest that you find a highly qualified hypnotherapist who has experience working with children your son’s age. I believe that hypnotherapy, done skillfully, can help your son. So what extent can only be determined by doing the work. But like I often say, \”Any issue or problem that stress makes worse, properly applied advanced hypnotherapeutic techniques can make better.\” And, of course I recommend that you find someone who is experienced and certified in 5-PATH(r) to work with your son.

In the mean time, I recommend that you read my book, The Secret Language of Feelings, and you will get a much better idea of how habits and compulsions can be made worse by painful emotions.

Best wishes for you and your son,

4. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH November 19, 2006 at 11:42 PM

Hello again Angela,

To hear the podcasts from the beginning, starting with #1, go to http://www.CalBanyan.com and look at the top right hand side of the page, and you will see a couple of links that looks like this, “NEW! Podcasts” and “Pod Only Feed.” Click on one of those and you will get instant access to all of the podcasts.

Enjoy!

5. Celeste December 2, 2006 at 7:57 PM

Just want to say I listened to this podcast and was delighted to find the gem of an explanation tacked on the end about multiple ISEs! This is just what I have been looking for. So simple to understand. The perfect information at the perfect time.

I deeply appreciate your dedication to helping hypnotists be successful! Please keep up the podcasts!

Celeste Hackett, CH

6. trevor December 3, 2006 at 12:25 PM

hi . great podcasts. nice to have a different perspective of hypnosis looking at appearance telephone manner and all the things that the books do not mention..

i was wondering if you could do a hypnocast on pre session inteview techniques.
    no where has this information. it would be most valuable.

thanks

trev

7. Beth Stewart January 21, 2008 at 7:14 AM

Hi Cal

I’ve been watching your podcasts for over a year now and have received much valuable information. One thing that was very timely for me was your mention of regressing on a thought. I had a client that I regressed on the emotion and she did not get relief. I went back to her intake forms and noticed that she stated very clearly the thought that was bothering her. I used that and she was able to make a real breakthrough.

Thank you for your efforts on behalf of hypnotists everywhere.

Beth Stewart,
    Collingwood, Ontario, Canada

8. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH January 21, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Hello Beth and Everyone,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It is so rewarding for me to hear that my hypnosis podcast is helping you all. I especially like the idea that there are people out there who I will never meet who are benefiting from you are learning here.

Have a GREAT 2008,