Hypnosis Trainer Cal BanyanHypnosis Trainer Cal Banyan

Happy HypnoFriday and HypnoHoliday Season!

We are on a new and important topic, “Can false memories be caused by hypnosis/hypnotherapy and talk therapy?” I also get into how we can totally reject the label of “lay hypnotist” that licensed medical and mental health professionals attempt to apply to us, unlicensed professional hypnotists.

Today’s topics

• What is a false memory?
  • How are they formed?
  • Which professions are most guilty of causing them?
  • How to avoid forming them.
  • Learn more from the False Memory Syndrome Foundation
  • How to avoid false allegations that your hypnosis session caused false memories.
  • Reject the label of “Lay Hypnotist”.
  • How to access all the podcasts that we have already done.

Other Important Stuff (Live Training & Books)

Coming to Kindle readers now and over the next week or so:

Get Your Professional National Guild of Hypnotists Approved Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Certification – Early registration discounts available.

hypnosis training hypnosis training

Hypnosis on FaceBookBecome a member of our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/hypnosisetc! You’ll get the “inside scoop” on different things from the show, and more! Hundreds of hypnotists have joined it so there must be something to it.

Get Your Professional National Guild of Hypnotists Approved Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy training here

Certificates from the NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis Certification Super CourseRead What Our Grads Say!
Questions?
Call us at
469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390

Keep in touch and get THE latest insider info about this program:

Hypnosis VIP

Get instant access
to 200+ of my hypnosis
training programs free!
Also remember to stay in touch and on the inside by becoming part of our VIP Program, and by “Liking” our facebook page at www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc. By joining our free VIP Program you get instant access to the complete listing of all our free hypnosis training videos that you can watch any time.

Get instant access to 250+ of my hypnosis training programs free!

11 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video Podcast #254: Can False Memories Be Caused by Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy and Talk Therapy? AND, More…

1. Lina Esa December 16, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Hi Cal and Elronn,
    Thank you for the pep-talk on “lay-hypnotist”! Whomever who wants to practice and is practicing a hypnotherapist IS a professional. And we should not forget or succumb to those few who thinks that we are not.
    Elronns talk on the power of suggestibility from figure of authority is spot on. And I thoroughly enjoyed that!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Lina.

2. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH December 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Hi Lina – Thanks for the comments! We love them. I’m glad you like my stance on the term, “lay hypnotist”, and that Elronn he’s pretty good too. 😉

With you on the Path,

3. Keithanthony December 17, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Hi Cal and Elronn I haven’t had a TV for maybe ten years but it’s wonderful content like your video’s that may have reprieved my TV from an early death in the trash.

I am not certificated however I have many clients that have benefited from my work, and would certainly call me neither a Lay hypnotist nor amateur as one of our “colleagues?” described me.

I take it very seriously that I have saved at least one life who had a severed limb, and also delivered a baby both using only hypnosis. This was even before I understood that I had a calling.

I never knew how to deliver a baby anymore than the birthing mother understood she would have a pain free birth when I stepped in to give first aid.

I simply told her, “Relax I’m a hypnotist ( I was so exaggerating the truth I’d read only Dave Elmans HT)and expert at birthing as indeed are you with now a third child coming, and so is baby they know how to come down that canal.” I knew enough that Mother was in trance due to the stress of birthing in the street, and so I simply said to her, “Because you love your baby? You will experience no discomfort, so just relax now and we protect baby from stress. Can we do that together?” Now around 25, luckily for me the baby knew what it was doing, and the cord was not wrapped.

No hypnosis class could have taught me that which I received in the impromptu delivery room, in fact a South London launderette, http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1261/68095.php which remains unchanged except the telephone box outside used to call Ambulance, has long since been removed.

Cal I think you are one of the most perceptive hypnotists I have heard so I know that while others will not agree, “Cal Banyan” however gives us the distinction due, that we are neither “Lay” nor amateur while others need still to learn , “Your Attitude, not your Aptitude, determines your skill.”

Cal unreservedly I thank you, and wish you, and yours a wonderful Christmas.

Keithanthony

4. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH December 18, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Hello Kiethanthony – Thanks for you comment and input into this important matter. We are the professionals in the profession of hypnotism. Thank you so much for your kind comments about this ongoing program. Together we can lift the profession to new heights, helping many, many more people and saving some lives in the process.

Here’s to your success,

5. Cal December 21, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Hi Readers/Viewers/Listeners!

Someone left me a voice message today on the phone at my office. (You know who you are.)

You say I have my facts wrong about false memory. Good, let us all know your point of view by leaving a comment here.

Let the world know. Gosh, I don’t know everything about everything. Share your knowledge by experiencing your point of view and your citations here (you said you had citations proving me wrong). Then everyone will benefit. Does that sound fair? I think so.

See you Friday in my next upcoming episode with Elronn.

6. Elronn December 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Wow! Another great episode with plenty of fantastic comments. Thank you all for the support. I am always glad when someone can benefit from information we offer, even if we might ruffle some feathers from time to time;)

Everyone keep up the good work and have some happy hypnosis holidays!

See you Friday!

Elronn

7. Keithanthony December 21, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Cal having seen your last comment I had to review the video again to check my understanding. Nevertheless was a joy both to do and to discover that I see nothing out of place, and I hope I phrase the coming text optimally.   Part of what I remember was Elronn saying “Nowhere does it say that hypnosis is a mutually exclusive component of what creates false memories!” and after what you said Cal I think is as close to the truth as anyone could get. You did not however follow it by suggesting you are exclusively, and 100% correct so I cannot fault any of your comments because intelligent people are aware the human mind as we know it will not likely be a precisely measured commodity during our lifetimes, your opinions never said it was, and I hope I’m explaining well what I’m thinking?

I too would like to see what your anonymous? voice mailer has to say here.

Keithanthony

8. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH December 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Hello Keithanthony – Thanks again for your comment.

By the way the caller was not anonymous, I just did not put the person’s name in the comment. He did leave his name and number, but I would rather have the conversation here so that all can benefit from it.

I’m not always right, but I am always trying to help.

9. Giselle Gianella December 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Two Thumbs UP to you Cal and Elron!
    Thank you for putting our profession out there and clarifying how there is no such a thing as a ‘lay hypnotist’ I suggest to have this and other videos on YouTube and let more people know what we know!

Hypno Santa is ADORABLE! and so funny!

Love to both
    Giselle

10. Keithanthony December 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Thanks Cal you/family, Elronn, & Giselle you have a great Christmas now you hear!

Keithanthony