Using The Internet To Make Your Phone Ring
What You Must Know Make Your Website Work For YOU!
by Cal Banyan – 1 hour 50 min
How many want to have a thriving practice? How many would like to make more than $50K / Year? A 100K per year? 200k or more a year?
I’m going to show you the basics of how to do that. (Of course the FTC would go crazy if I didn’t say that how much actually makes requires that you actually do something and even then your results may vary.)
This is not going to be a technical talk. (I’m going to recommend my favorite book on the subject.)
No you cannot get a website from us. We only provide them to our graduates.
- How it started for me
- I was on the Internet before it went public.
- My first website went online in 1996. My first domain name was purchased a few months later.
- I was surprised that I actually got calls back then, not is is a main reason we get calls, enroll students into classes and sell training materials.
- Phone Directory is Dead – Long Live the Internet
- Phone directories are dead
- Just having a website is not enough, but you must have a website.
- People sit at their desks at work and surf, to solve problems.
- Everyone has a website and they are expected.
- Your website has one basic job – make your phone ring.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Must be on the first or second page of Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Most important factors (trifecta) works great on Google, and even better on Yahoo and Bing:
- Webpage Address / URL
- Title of your webpage (in the code is a meta tag)
- Description of your webpage. (In the code and is also a meta tag.)
- Think like a potential client – How will they search for you?
- Hypnosis, hypnotherapist, hypnotist
- Location, location, location
- Put this in your URL, title tag and on the site as content.
- Consider having multiple websites for your main services:
- Stop smoking
- Weight loss
- Creating a domain name:
- Two types of websites
- Don’t use your business name on secondary sites meant for SEO.
- Your Primary site may your domain name if it has “Hypnosis” in the name.
- The term hypnosis is searched for much more than hypnotherapy.
- “.com” is best because that is what people remember.
- If you use .net or .org then people think yourname.com.
- Two types of websites
- Think “Online Brochure”. Your site does not need to have a huge number of pages, or have a shopping cart, or online scheduling. It just needs to be enough to get the phone to ring.
- If you are willing to write all the content yourself you can use a program like Website Builder from Godaddy.com.
- Domain costs are about $10 per year.
- Godaddy will host a small “Website Builder” website for about $4 per month.
- Hostgator will host unlimited sites for about $6 per month.
- We offer a website building service to all of our grads! Sorry this is for grads only.
- Content that gets great SEO.
- Search engines love fresh quality content.
- This content must be related to hypnosis, and be original.
- This content should be well written and free of spelling errors.
- Write original content others will link to.
- Content that makes you the expert.
- Write articles about the kind of work you do.
- Give case histories.
- Articles do not have to be long, less than a 1,000 words work.
- Use Google alerts to learn about news in the profession and then write about what is topical.
- Write about the basics answering typical questions that people have about hypnosis, hypnotherapy and hypnotism.
- Content that makes your phone ring.
- Have a call to action.
- Offer a free phone consultation.
- Find out if hypnosis is right for you.
- Give a limited time or exclusive offer:
- Audio or video, like “The Truth about Hypnosis”.
Free ticket to page one! Local search is on page one.
They will even provide a map and directions.
My favorite business book, Real Hypnosis Business Success