Posted Under: Hypnosis Blog,Hypnosis News,Hypnosis Podcasts,Hypnosis Training,Podcast

ARROW
Cal in S. O. S!  Out with the “Same Old Story” for Amazing Hypnotherapy TransformationsErika in S. O. S!  Out with the “Same Old Story” for Amazing Hypnotherapy Transformations

S.O.S? Identify Your Client’s Same Old Story & Break Through!

Show Your Clients How to Write Their New Success Story – Get Amazing Results

Do This & Your Clients Practically Write A Hypnosis Script for You!

THE MOST IMPORTANT WORDS YOU WILL EVER HEAR ARE THE WORDS YOU SAY TO YOURSELF IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR OWN MIND! …

Yes, they are! Because you believe them absolutely! SO — If you keep on telling yourself and others the SAME OLD STORY (S. O. S.) you are going to get the SAME OLD RESULTS!

Here is how to change all that for your clients and yourself! Get all of my free hypnosis training videos on www.CalBanyan.com.

Become a VIPBut first… Would you like to get notified as soon as we publish a new video for you? Click VIP! Its’ FREE Get instant access to all my Hypnosis, Etc. program videos (literally hundreds of videos!). You will never miss an episode and you don’t have to come looking for them. It’s a “no brainer”!

AND now back to our hypnosis training video for this week…

Client Same Old StoryErika starts right off by disclosing how her clients sometimes find themselves trapped by this S.O.S. way of thinking and how she identifies it, and let’s them in on how this “story” is limiting their lives.

She let’s you in on her way of shifting clients’ perceptions in this way. It’s all about how she has them get into a creative state in which they can begin to write the new personally transformational story. AND guess what, they are writing a custom hypnosis script for you to use on them!

Watch this video now on www.CalBanyan.com and you will learn to break the cycle:

• We give you insider techniques on how to identify their language.
  • Provide your clients with powerful, transformative language of their own.
  • Help them to literally own their new story and know what it looks like.
  • How to tie this owning of the new story to the kind of personal transformational hypnotherapeutic work, like age regression to help them to really experience this “new story” life!
  • How to have clients like these walk out of your office living their new story.

This almost “sneaky” approach melds so seamlessly into the use of the Universal Script (The High Road / Low Road) script. When we show clients this, it becomes a path to personal victory and empowerment.

Mindless, self-defeating repetition – ends here! As you identify their S.O.S. you can make your clients aware of what they are doing to themselves with this mindless repetition of the old story. Once this is done, it automatically interrupts the old pattern. Then when they write the new story, it is truly a “self-fulfilling” prophecy for their life to come.

Your Very Next StepNow what? What should I do now? If you have a question or comment, please write to us in the comment section below. We love feedback and ideas! Also, “Like” us on facebook at www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc and get in on the conversation! Thanks!

Enjoy this video and pass it on!

Now let’s talk about THE future…

NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy Certification Super CourseOctober, 2015 – Be in my NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy Certification Super Course! Remember to check out my upcoming class schedule here on this site to see when my next classes are and see if you can get in on the early registration discounts. Then I’ll see you in class. YES, you can take this course live online!

Get more, get connected and spread the word!

Cal Banyan Hypnosis ETCDo you “like” our videos? “Fan” us on our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/hypnosisetc. Get in on the conversation and we place more “hypno-gold” there on a regular basis. Share us with your hypno-friends! Thanks!

ourhypnospace-website-banner-linkBecome a member of www.OurHypnoSpace.com! It’s free and fun professional networking! Use the “Ask Cal“ Group on www.OurHypnospace.com to ask questions and suggest topic ideas for the Hypnosis, Etc. show!

Hypnosis VIPFREE INSTANT ACCESS TO ALL OUR HYPNOSIS, ETC. VIDEOS Get a super easy linked list of all Hypnosis, Etc. training videos! VIP Membership is free – Click Now!

9 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video #449: S. O. S! Out with the “Same Old Story” for Amazing Hypnotherapy Transformations

1. Brenda Titus August 11, 2015 at 3:39 PM

I am really excited about this topic and to hear new ways to work with helping clients! I realize how much I need to get out of my own SOS sometimes, I think we can all learn from this both personally and professionally! Thanks Cal & Erika!

2. lydia August 11, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Hi,
    interesting episode. I usually don’t do that much talking about the story. Seems like talk therapy. We do talk Alittle bit on what their goal is. I have found that the story will change with hypnosis sessions on it’s own without allot of talk about it. I noticed some NLP stuff in there. I have NLP training which i use some but not much. I love hypnosis and have found it to be the best.

3. lydia August 11, 2015 at 8:13 PM

I went to the University of Alaska also..:)

4. Susan Mundy August 11, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Another great episode, thanks Cal & Erika.

Love the anagram SOS, resonates in so many ways.

Yes, the same old story does come up for many of us, I guess because we all have a story to tell. And of course, it’s great if it’s a positive story, but generally for our clients it’s simply not all that positive.

I think an important point you made Erika was “passing the ball to the client” and letting them take control of their new story. This is obviously crucial for clients to have ownership of their results and indeed, their lives.

When we think of an SOS, we usually think of a call for help. I really like the way you have linked it to the same old story, because when a client is telling it to us, they are really calling out for our help. At least that’s how I like to think of it. 😊

Thanks for everything you do.

Susan

5. Erika Flint, BA, BCH, CPHI August 12, 2015 at 7:13 AM

Thanks for your comments Lydia (fellow UAA grad ;-). You’re right – you don’t want your client (or you) to talk about their old story, at all if you can. However you do want to understand what they came in to see you for, so it’s a balance.

I realize when I watched the video again that I said you do this during the pre-talk, but I misspoke, it’s actually during the pre-hypnosis interview that you’d learn about the client’s SOS (if they have one).

Keep in mind that every time our clients tell their SOS they are reinforcing the old beliefs, habits, and behaviors. You can introduce the idea of a new story to get them thinking in a new way, which leads to desired behaviors and habits and then reinforce all of that during the hypnosis session.

Thanks for your input Lydia!

Erika

6. Erika Flint, BA, BCH, CPHI August 12, 2015 at 7:16 AM

Thank you Brenda, what a great point about being aware of our own SOS!! Now that you’ve mentioned that I will very likely notice my own!

I think this is a fascinating topic that includes what we know about the latest neuroscience and hypnosis. I think I could talk about it all day, big surprise!

Erika

7. Erika Flint, BA, BCH, CPHI August 12, 2015 at 7:24 AM

Susan, thanks for your insight on this topic.

I agree it’s so important to get our clients to create their own story, although some clients need a little help from us – that’s why we need to always see the best in our clients whenever we work with them. Doing so resonates at every level of communication we have with them and clients can pick up on that. I always spend a few moments before meeting with a client to imagine them at their very best – already having made all the changes they came in for – and then more.

I like your correlation between SOS (help) and Same Old Story. That’s not the first thing that popped in my head. The first for me was Same Old with a different S word at the end 😉 , which also makes sense!

Erika

8. Brenda Titus August 15, 2015 at 4:09 PM

This morning on my bike ride I saw a marquee at the church that said “we become the song we sing,” which I thought was a neat additional way of thinking of the idea “we become the story we tell ourselves.” I work a lot with the imagery of the story we tell ourselves and where clients respond well to it, then I’ll repeat that imagery… The other day I finished with a client who told me on her first session a very specific story, and I worked with that throughout our sessions, so on her final session this week, I worked in closing the book on the old story, and starting fresh with a whole new one. She loved it! Thanks again for a great topic!

9. Erika Flint, BA, BCH, CPHI August 18, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Awesome Brenda! Great job, and thank you for sharing that and it reminds me how important it is for us to listen for the metaphors our clients use – whether it’s a “new story”, “taking a new path”, or turning over a “new leaf” in their life – or even that there’s “something holding me back” type of language – we can use that and weave it throughout our sessions to make them more powerful, just as you did!