Hypnosis Training Video #438: Hypno-Slaves? Freewill & Hypnosis Revealed

Posted Under: Hypnosis Blog,Hypnosis News,Hypnosis Podcasts,Hypnosis Training,Podcast

ARROW
Cal in Hypno-Slaves?  Freewill & Hypnosis RevealedErika in Hypno-Slaves?  Freewill & Hypnosis Revealed

Are Your Clients Eternally Under Your Control?

Do Your Clients Become Your “Hypno-Slaves”?

Learn How Your Clients Are Always Either Choosing To Opt In or Opt Out

Hypno-slaves? Really? Some folks out there think that if their hypnotist hypnotizes them, even once, then they must do everything that is suggested by that hypnotist forever!

Of course that is far from true. Your clients are either choosing to work with you and follow your suggestions or they are opting out of the process. Any hypnotist who has seen almost any number of clients knows that clients can become non-compliant, uncooperative or even reject certain suggestions.

In this hypnosis training video we reveal how you can help clients to opt into the hypnotherapy process while at the same time understanding that they have the ability to stop the session at any time. Most adults realize this and others seem to need to have this idea reinforced.

Of course we are going to the NGH convention! We recognize that you, the viewers of these videos are some of the most motivated and professional hypnotists in our profession. With that in mind, we want to strongly encourage you to start making plans to go to this convention, it is the 65th Anniversary of the National Guild of Hypnotists so you know that it is going to be great. Not convinced yet? Watch this video and you will find out why going is a “no brainer”.

Ultimate Basic NLP CourseOne more thing – Remember to check our course schedule for our Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy Certification Super Course and special upcoming NLP Basic Certification taught by Dr. William Horton. Check for early registration discounts.

Like our videos? Then remember to get instant access to all my free videos by becoming a VIP member of the site. It’s free.

Let’s do GREAT things together!
Cal Banyan

PS… More Important Links & Info:

NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy Certification Super CourseJuly, 2015 my NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy Certification Super Course is filling up! Remember to check out my upcoming class schedule here on this site to see when my next classes are and see if you can get in on the early registration discounts. Then I’ll see you in class. Check later courses for early registration discounts.

Ultimate Basic NLP CourseSAVE $575 on NLP with early registration. Dr. William Horton is coming to the Banyan Hypnosis Center to teach the “Ultimate” Basic NLP Course, and I’m taking the course! Let’s get certified in NLP together! Get in on the early registration discount! The date for the course is June 19 – 22, 2015. Get all the info. and get your seat! Be a more effective and successful hypnotist!

NGH Approve Banyan Hypnosis Super Course CertificationI want to see you in class! Make sure you check out our upcoming courses and get in on any early registration discounts that apply! Early registration discounts don’t last forever. Get world class training onsite in our classroom or participate live online from your home or office!

Hypnosis VIP FREE INSTANT ACCESS TO ALL OUR HYPNOSIS, ETC. VIDEOS Get a super easy linked list of all Hypnosis, Etc. training videos! VIP Membership is free – Click Now!

ourhypnospace-website-banner-linkBecome a member of www.OurHypnoSpace.com! It’s free and fun professional networking! Use the “Ask Cal“ Group on www.OurHypnospace.com to ask questions and suggest topic ideas for the Hypnosis, Etc. show!

calbanyan-hypnosis-etc-facebook-likesDo you “like” our videos? “Fan” us on our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/hypnosisetcGet in on the conversation and we place more “hypno-gold” there on a regular basis. Share us with your hypno-friends! Thanks!

7 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video #438: Hypno-Slaves? Freewill & Hypnosis Revealed

1. Erika Flint, BCH, CPHI May 26, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Cal this was such an interesting episode with 2 great topics (free will and NGH convention), and important to discuss how yes the client does have free-will in the hypnosis session. Otherwise we’d just wave a magic wand and get 100% success ;-). Regardless of how much we listen, how good we are at building rapport, and how careful we are building trust with our clients (and students), when it comes right down to it, some will still chose to opt-out. This is so important because on the other hand, when they chose to opt-in, then they get the benefits, and they made the choice. It’s not something done TO them, but rather BY and THROUGH them. This empowers our clients to make future changes.

On the other topic of NGH I am so excited to see everyone there for this 65th year and celebration of the NGH Convention. If you are debating whether or not to come, or whether or not it’s worth the investment I can share from my experience it is a fantastic investment both personally and professionally. I hope to see you there in August!

2. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH May 26, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Thanks Erika – I like to sneak in one of my topic ideas once in a while.

I am constantly amazed at how adults who would otherwise scoff at the idea that magic exists (i.e. spells, mind reading, and so on), but then when the topic of hypnosis comes up they suddenly believe in magic and fear that if hypnotized the hypnotist will have some kind of magical power over them. I hope we set the record straight.

I LOVE going to the NGH convention! It is THE BEST hypnosis event of the year put on the by the best organization. All my most dedicated hypno-friends will be there.

Let’s do GREAT things together,

3. Brenda Titus May 27, 2015 at 7:44 AM

Thank you Erika and Cal for two great topics. I really like how you broke down the idea of both opting IN and opting OUT… This gives me some ideas about how I talk to clients and helping them see for themselves that when they opt IN, then they are “all in” and are really ready to experience the changes that we are there to make…. They are making the choice!

I’m also really excited about the convention this year, thank you for taking the time to talk about it and helping spread the enthusiasm… Looking forward to seeing everyone very soon in Marlborough!

4. Susan Mundy May 29, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Thank you Cal & Erika for another interesting & informative podcast.

The thing that really comes across for me from this “opt in/opt out” discussion is the great sense of relief from responsibility it offers us as hypnotists.

Obviously I’m not talking about responsibility for not giving 100% of our professionalism & abilities to all our clients. But that the ultimate responsibility must be with the client to “opt in” to achieve what they say they want to achieve.

In many respects this takes a lot of the pressure off that some of us may feel towards our clients and their outcomes, especially if we find ourselves with a client who chooses to “opt out” for whatever reason.

Once again I have to tip my hat to you Cal for offering all this amazing teaching & discussion freely to us all. I am so grateful to have found you. Thank you.

Susan

5. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH May 29, 2015 at 4:37 PM

You are welcome Susan. I’m glad to get this information out there. I know that we are helping so many people (hypnotists) can then help so many more, people we will never meet. That is really the most exciting things for me about doing these videos.

I’m glad to have been helpful to you! I hope to see you live in person some day.

6. Erika Flint May 30, 2015 at 7:21 AM

Thanks for your comments Susan, I’m glad you enjoyed this episode. We can’t do the work for our clients and if they choose to opt-out,we can help them understand that choice and clarify the work we do and how it will help them. This will hopefully lead to an understanding and eventually at some point in the client’s life (either then or later) they will chose to opt-in so they can have all the benefits they came to us for. The amazing thing is that usually by opting-in they also get so much more than what they came in for!

Erika

7. Susan Mundy May 30, 2015 at 2:43 PM

You are so right Erika, it reminded me of one of the DVDs in the 5-PATH training with Cal’s session with Loretta, when during AR (age regression for those who may not be familiar with our system) Cal says a number of times “I can’t do the work for you, only you know what she needs to hear.” It obviously drove the message across to the client at the time because it resulted in a successful session, and it also strengthened the truth of that message for me as a student.

So powerful & such a privilege to watch the master in action.

Susan