ARROW
Cal Banyan in Is There Value in Continuing Ed for Hypnosis professionals?Brenda Titus in Is There Value in Continuing Ed for Hypnosis professionals?

Why You Don’t Have to Be Alone In Your Professional Development

How to Build Your Professional Circle for Support & Learning for Free

When Are You Ready for Paid Professional Supervision?

Brenda and I are back with our latest and greatest free hypnosis training video for you on www.CalBanyan.com.  In this Hypnosis, Etc. episode we share why you do not have to be alone in your very important ongoing professional development.

There are too many lonely hypnotists out there, I tell you!  By “lonely” I mean, working in isolation without colleagues or supervision.  If you are one of these hypnotists, sometimes you may feel disconnected, especially when it comes to your ongoing professional development.  In this video, we share some of what the best resources are for continuing support, education and collegial interaction (other than this program, of course)!

Brenda first shares free ways to interact online, announcing some of her favorites.  She highlights how these forms of online support and education are free and require only a low level of commitment and self-disclosure.  I talk about our exclusive support and ongoing education group just for those who are 5-PATH®certified and how well that has worked to help support our grads.

Next, we take on the topic of having a professional mentoring or coaching relationship with someone who is much more experienced and skilled than you are.  This is usually a professional paid relationship.  But sometimes you will find a mentor who is interested in your professional development, and will do a limited amount of unpaid mentorship.  We also reveal how to go about getting into one of these very helpful relationships.

Brenda then goes on to enthusiastically endorse the use of study groups.  She shares how she has set up such a group and how it has been such a success in both developing professional relationships, and helping her to continually develop her hypnosis and hypnotherapy skills.  She mentions that, by the way such study groups can be held virtually via phone or Internet services!

Watch this video on www.CalBanyan.com and you will definitely discover ways to build your circle of colleagues and continue to develop professionally.  Enjoy and share with your hypno-friends!

BHC CoachingNOTE For 5-PATHers Only – Cal has a professional coaching program that is only available to you 5-PATHers.  Cal can only work with a few grads in this capacity at a time, so if you are interested in learning more, contact us.  This coaching is specifically designed to help you to quickly master all the hypnotic techniques you need to be one of the best hypnotists in the world.  For example, Cal will watch your hypnosis session videos and quickly point out what you are doing right and what needs to be fixed.  He will also work with you to help you build a successful hypnosis business/practice.  His emphasis will be on helping you focus on what is already known to work, using the Banyan Hypnosis Center as a model, and preventing you from making costly mistakes.

Upcoming Training Courses with Cal

• “Week of Power” – Advanced Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy Certification Course – Designed for those already certified in hypnosis and/or hypnotherapy.  This is a skills and confidence building course that takes up where you other courses left off, or just let you down.  This 7-day course teaches you 5-PATH® and 7th Path Self-Hypnosis. Click for information about this course.

Take Our Courses Live Online – Be a Student in Our Course from Anywhere!
That is right; if you have a good Internet connection, you can get the best seat in our classroom without leaving your home or office.  This is a huge savings in time and money. Click for more information.

Hypnosis VIP Click the “BE a VIP button for FREE INSTANT ACCESS Get a super easy linked list of all Hypnosis, Etc. training videos! There is no better way to get started accessing all these videos. VIP Membership is free – Click Now!

Certificates from the NGH Approved Banyan Hypnosis Certification Super CourseWhat our grads say about our courses (feedback & recommendations) Questions? Call us at 469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390.
Thank you to all of our fans from around the world! Continue to follow us on Facebook to receive updates on what’s going on between each episode and to give your input as well. If you haven’t done so already, check us out and “Like” us on www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc. Thanks a whole lot for sharing us with your friends as well!

10 Reader Comments to Hypnosis Training Video #398: Is There Value in Continuing Ed for Hypnosis professionals?

1. Anthony M. Davis September 2, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Cal and Brenda,

Once again…great video with LOTS of good info. In my town, I often do feel like the “Lonely Hypnotist” because in spite of attempts to get people together, it just doesn’t happen. Even so, that’s no excuse to settle with a “Woe is me” complex.

As Brenda said, continuing education is important. I schedule numerous hours each week to watch (or re-watch) Cal’s videos, read books, the NGH Journal or get materials from other sources as well. The art of moving forward requires forward movement.

The most important part of my professional development are the relationships developed by the 5-PATH group or at the NGH Conference. Then, these podcasts always offer an aspect of the profession with some pearl of wisdom.

I’m always grateful for these podcasts that only require minimal time to focus on building our profession.

Thank You.

Tony Davis
    Healing Hypnosis
    Charlottesville, VA

2. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH September 2, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Thanks Tony for your comment!

I’m so glad to hear you are continuing your study of 5-PATH and have found a place in our group.

I’m also pleased to hear that you are finding these videos of use. I am so honored to be able to do this, especially with my co-hosts, past and present.

With you on the Path,

3. Roberta September 2, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Boy, was this timely! Thanks for your help today with my regression client, Cal. I really didn’t have anywhere to turn for help. You were very generous with your time and provided really insightful guidance. I am svery grateful for your help for my client, and myself. I’m half way through the program and will be sending in the exam soon. I will be very interested in talking about your coaching session at that time.

Brenda and I are holding our first chapter meeting here in the Twin Cities in a couple of weeks. We’ll see how many show up!

4. Ron Johnson September 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Thank you for this great video. I would love to find another local hypnosis practitioner in my area but have not found any here. I keep hearing from friends that years ago they tried this or that with their dr. Most tried to quit smoking but no one can tell me of any other practicing hypnotists. How can I go about finding any in my area. I have tried the yellow pages all the way through google searches. I live in Bristol Tennessee but any search online only shows Bristol in Europe. This also presents a problem when I try to determine a price for sessions. Any advice on how I should set my rates per session?
    Thank all of you for such great work.
    Ron

5. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH September 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Hi Ron. Thanks for writing! I hope you are an NGH member, if you are then you are in luck. Contact the NGH and ask them about setting up a chapter in your area. They will help you get in touch with all the NGH hypnotists in your area.

You can also join an online group. I have such a group set up here, https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Talk-About-Hypnosis/info This group has nearly 1900 members and you can “chat” with them.

If you are a 5-PATHer then you can join our exclusive 5-PATH Group, and you can get lots of support and ideas there as well.

Regarding setting your rates, if there are no hypnotists in your area that would enable you to get an idea of what to charge, then check for locations that are similar to yours as far as population, rural vs urban and check those hypnotists. Make any adjustments accordingly.

If all else fails start off charging the minimum you would be willing to provide your service and then as you schedule fills up keep increasing your price until it affects your ability to book clients.

Thanks for watching our videos. Please pass it on to others! Also visit our page on http://www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc where we post more frequently about everything to do with hypnosis and hypnotherapy!

6. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH September 3, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hello Roberta, it was a pleasure talking with you on the phone yesterday. Congratulations on getting that NGH Chapter started. If you ever need a speaker or topic, just pick one of my podcasts,and it will almost be like I was there with you. I miss all the great people in the Twin Cities and MN!

Congratulations also on your decision to be a 5-PATHer! There is not better career path in our profession.

With you on the Path,

7. Roberta September 4, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I think the need for support is widely felt – the first 3 to respond to the meeting expressed just that. I know I certainly felt isolated with my situation with no one to turn to. None of us should be an island!

I am SO enjoying the 5 Path Training. I cannot tell you how glad I am to have come across it! Thanks you for everything – the videos, the info, the training – all that you share. This IS what will elevate this profession to the level it should be at.

8. Roberta September 4, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Brenda – Where do we write with suggestion for upcoming videos?

9. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH September 4, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Thank you again Roberta. Comments like that make it all worth while! We really do put a lot of time and effort into producing these videos and doing other things to support hypnotists around the world.

I look forward to hearing about the great ways you have helped your clients. (Wait until you learn 7th Path Self-Hypnosis, it is even more amazing that 5-PATH!)

With you on the Path,

10. Brenda Titus September 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I’m so thrilled to hear how well received this episode has been. I know that this is such an important topic for me, and I’m happy that we got the conversation started on it. I think that it is so important to develop relationships with others in the field for mutual growth, for moral support, and sometimes just to remember that we aren’t alone.

Thank you everyone for your comments and input!!