Ride Your Bike 100 Miles with Me – Really!

Posted Under: Links

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/calbanyan/calbanyan.com/wp-content/themes/calbanyan-hypnosis-authority/single.php on line 106

Hypnosis Trainer Cal Banyan and FriendLast year a buddy of mine Guillermo (Memo) and I made the commitment to do a "century ride" which is a 100 mile bicycle ride. We made the commitment because we knew that if we made that commitment and announced it publicly, then we would be more motivated to regularly ride our bikes, and get into much better shape.

Well, we did it. We entered and completed the 100+ mile bike ride from Irvine, California down to San Diego, California. Actually, we went over 100 miles because of a wrong turn, and ended up doing 109 miles!

I’m so glad that we made that commitment and completed the long ride. It took a lot of commitment and follow-through, but it was well worth it.

The picture on the above is of Memo and me right after we crossed the finishing line, posing with a celebratory cigar!

Well, we have just committed to doing it again. AND, I’m wondering if there are any hypnotists out there that want to take on the challenge. There is plenty of time to get on your bike and start getting in shape. It is time to use your hypnosis and hypnotherapy techniques on yourself and take your fitness to the next level! Next year, you can be in the photo (cigar optional). 🙂

Orange County Wheelmen Bicycle ClubHere is a link to the site that has the information about “Amtrak Century Ride” sponsored by the Orange County Wheelman bicycle club.

Come on and join me in the commitment to go the distance. It will be a great motivator to help you get on that bike of yours and get into shape for the ride. You will look and feel great this summer!

Leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you are ready to make the commitment to do the ride with Memo and me, then let us know in the comment section below! It will be fun!

8 Reader Comments to Ride Your Bike 100 Miles with Me – Really!

1. Lee Pascoe March 16, 2010 at 3:45 AM

Wow, Cal!

You did it! Fantastic!
    Congratulations!
    Who would have thought that guy in the suit and tie had this other “part”?

All the best
    Lee

2. Cal March 16, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Lee – Thanks!

Don’t you know? I got so many parts it’s down right scary!

So, are you going to ride or not? 🙂

3. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH March 16, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Debbie Yaffee is the first to commit to riding. She says that she’ll do 20 miles! Right now she only rides 4 so that is a great leap forward. Congratulations Debbie!

4. Gwen March 16, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Definitely not in shape to do it this year but am giving serious thoughts to committing for next. What a terrific idea!

5. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH March 16, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Hi Gwen – Thanks for the comment!

Come on, it is not about what you can do next year, decide what you can do THIS year and commit to it. 🙂

For some a commitment of doing a 10 mile ride by September is HUGE! The idea is to make a public commitment that will get you going.

Use those hypnosis techniques on yourself and say “Yes!” The ride date is 7 months away. One can do a lot of getting in shape in that amount of time. 🙂

Let’s roll!

6. Nancy Philpott March 16, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Hi Cal. I just received an amazing testimonial from an amazing cyclist I worked with last month who is scheduled to compete in RAAM (Race Across America) in June. http://ultradex.net/ After our work together, he
    competed in a 375 mile race which he completed in 26 hrs and 34 min. He won the 60+ age group, set a course record, and is now a raving fan of 5 Path hypnosis.

I currently ride my bike an average of 12 miles each day. I’ll commit to be with you in spirit as I roll along the Texas Hill Country trails 35+ miles that day.

With you on the path!
    Nancy

7. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH March 16, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Nancy – Wow that is fantastic, for your client and for you.

Post your commitment to the 5-PATH on Yahoo as well, or I can post it for you. Let’s get them all excited!

8. Cak March 18, 2010 at 3:05 PM

So who wants to ride with me on Sunday?