NEWS FLASH ;-) 8 Word Instant Hypnotic Induction Reduced to 3 Words!

Posted Under: Hypnosis Blog,Hypnosis Training

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/calbanyan/calbanyan.com/wp-content/themes/calbanyan-hypnosis-authority/single.php on line 106

I was just thinking and doing a bit of experimenting. Many people know of my Eight Word Hypnotic Induction, which is a shortening of the Dave Elman induction taught by Jerry Kein. Well, many of you know by now that I like being as efficient as I can in my practice. So, I have just updated it and I wanted you to be the first to know.

The Eight Word Induction was developed because I wanted to teach my Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy Certification Course students how to do instant inductions in this way, but the old verbose way created by Dave Elman required too much memorization in class. That is why I started experimenting with my clients to shorten the induction to see just how few words can be used. It was way back in about 2001 or 2002 that I started teaching it in classes, and I published the induction on my website in 2002.

Now it is time for a further increase in efficiency, reducing the usual 4 or 5 seconds that it takes to do the Eight Word Induction into one that only takes about 2 to 3 seconds!

I’d like to now introduce the Three Word Instant Hypnotic Induction.

Just follow the steps below.

Three Word Instant Hypnotic Induction Step 1

Simply hold out your hand in front of the subject, point at it and say "Press."

Three Word Instant Hypnotic Induction Step 2

Pass your hand down across the front of your client’s face and say, "Close."

Three Word Instant Hypnotic Induction Step 3

Pull your hand out from under the clients hand your client’s hand will suddenly fall. Instantly afterward say the word, "Sleep!" in a directive or firm tone (one does not need to shout).

Thee Word Instant Hypnotic Induction Step 4

That completes the induction, now deepen the hypnosis by suggesting that the client continue to go deeper. You could say something like, "As I gently rock your head you go deeper…” And, so on.

Of course I recommend that you first master the Eight Word Hypnotic Induction before you attempt this one.

By the way, this Three Word Instant Induction may not be suitable for everyone. Generally, this would be appropriate for those who are more intelligent and better able to understand subtle cues, such as when you point at your hand and say "Press". (They must be the sort that would understand that this means, "Press on my hand".)

I encourage all experienced hypnotists to give this one a try, and give me your feedback.

14 Reader Comments to NEWS FLASH ;-) 8 Word Instant Hypnotic Induction Reduced to 3 Words!

1. Doug July 9, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Very cool. I am going to work with your new 3-word induction. By the way I have enjoyed everything I have read or seen from you so far. I look forward to possibly rubbing shoulders with you in the future. Much success to you!

2. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH July 9, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I’m glad you like it. I look forward to your feedback after you have used it a few times.

Thanks for your kind words about my blog and articles.

I look forward to seeing you at a hypnosis event, perhaps the NGH convention in August.

Now go out there and change a life!

3. Mark E. July 17, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Does this work with most people you have tried it on? About what percentage of people does this work on (your experience)? Unfortunately, this induction of pressing down on a hand, as a client, has never worked for me.

4. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH July 18, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Hi Mark – So far this induction has worked on everyone I have used it on. Here are some things to keep in mind:

Do a great pre-talk to remove fears and misconceptions about hypnosis that might get in the way.

Timing is everything. Master the 8 word induction first then the 3 word. Watch my video on YouTube or get my DVD set where I explain it all. Here is a link to the YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nX3HkZYVIc (it is the first one demonstrated).

Also, it is very important that you immediately deepen or your client will immediately emerge.

I hope that helps!

5. Calen Wright May 11, 2010 at 3:13 PM

All these instructions are great =) But can you tell me how to do the “Eight Word Induction” so I can master it before trying the “Three Word Induction”? Thanks so much!

6. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH May 11, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Hi Calen – There is a link to the Eight Word induction in the second sentence of this blog post. Look for the blue lettering that says, “Eight Word Hypnotic Induction”. Enjoy!

7. Cynthia Thurman June 14, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Hi Cal, I used that 3 word induction successfully when you first published it last summer! It was helpful to use with a client who had already experienced the 8 word induction previously. You seem to keep coming up with the most amazing, creative ideas. Thank you for generously sharing them with us! Cynthia

8. Merle June 17, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Hello Cal
    Thank you ! I love your ideas. I find that this works really well.
    Merle

9. Cal June 17, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Thanks Merle – I love this profession and my goal is to provide the kind of resources I wish I would have had earlier on in my own career.

Thanks again for the comment!

10. DownUnderWonder July 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Hey cal,
    i would first like to say wow hypnosis has help my wife so much in her struggle with life. i would just like to ask recently she has been going to a new guy and when she has come home she seems to have terriable night mares but cant remeber what they are. i am curently studying full time in hypnosis (not a online crap course a real course) but i dont want to do any thing wrong and she reverts to her shell, is it possiable that this new guy is not bringing her back fully or properly, and if i was to hypnotize her is there any way i could mess her mind up in any way.also is it normal not to rember being put into a trance ?

11. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH July 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Hello “DOWNUNDERWONDER”

I am so glad to hear of how your wife has been helped with hypnosis.

Regarding this issue that she is having now with her new hypnotist, I really hate to second guess another hypnosis professional, and I really don’t have enough info to respond in a very decisive way. Let me say this, speaking in very general terms…

If the hypnotist is doing insight work such as age regression or parts work, it is likely that he is stirring up some painful emotions from the past that can be experience as nightmares (which can be exactly what needs to be done). Nightmares don’t usually happen when this work is being done, but it can happen. The mere fact that she is experiencing these nightmares does not in and of itself reflect negatively on the kind of work he is doing with her.

It is also common for people who have nightmares for any reason (not just because of undergoing hypnotherapy) to not remember them. So again, we can’t say that the hypnotist is doing anything wrong, in my opinion.

I also don’t think that is an issue with him “not brining her back properly”. Left alone, people will emerge from hypnosis, so not emerging her is not really the issue.

Also, another reason why people report that they don’t remember things that go on either during the dream state or during hypnosis, could simply be that the individual does not want to share the experience with other, such as a spouse. There could be many reasons for this including embarrassment about the issues that are coming up or for fear of being judged negatively because of the content of the work that is being done, or the content of the dreams.

I recommend that family members not work with each other except to practice inductions, deepening techniques, regression to happy times and so on. It is not wise for family and friends to play therapist with each other. As I said before individuals may attempt to hide embarrassing info, or information that can negatively affect the relationship. Hypnotherapy and any kind of uncovery work should be left to those with whom one has a professional relationship.

I recommend that you remain supportive of your wife and if she becomes uncomfortable with the hypnotist, that she find another one that she can trust to do the work. Ask around and see if you can get a recommendation.

There is a great deal of difference in approaches each hypnotist uses, as well as levels of proficiency.

On another topic, I want to defend online or distance learning courses. Yes many of them are terrible. But some are very, very good. For example, my online course is live, hands on, supervised, and just as good as taking the course onsite. This is because we provide an interactive video feed to our students which enables them to participate in real time in every way with both the teacher and the students in the class. Here is a link where you can find out more if you wish, http://www.hypnosiscenter.com/learn-hypnosis-online.htm.

I wish you and your wife the very best.

12. Safiya Hussain May 8, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Very motivating indeed! Thanks Cal! Mahboob R Hussain 5PATH 2004 NGH Convention Batch, has done hypnotherapy for me. I have overcome childhood sexual abuse. I really appreciate 5PATH Hypnotherapy. I have managed to overcome so many negative emotions and have healed my life. I love your work Cal and tell all our students about 5PATH. I am going to ask Hussain to use the 8 Word and then 3 Word induction on me as I am a Hypno Junkie. I am a Certified Advanced Neuro Linguistic Hypnotherapist NFNLP Florida and a member of the NGH.
    Thanks a million for coming into our lives Cal. God Bless You Abundantly.

13. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH May 8, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Thank you Safiya – I’m so glad to hear that you worked with a 5-PATHer so that you could experience so much success and healing. I am honored to have been able to be a part of your healing and success, and the healing and success of so others!

Gratitude,

14. Cal Banyan April 29, 2015 at 8:54 AM

FYI you can learn more about the 8 and 3 word induction on the official website, http://www.8WordInduction.com. Also, Brenda and I just completed a new podcast on the 8 Word Induction. Here is a link, http://www.calbanyan.com/archives/2015/04/23/hypnosis-training-video-431-learn-instant-induction-8-word-induction/ Enjoy!