How to Hypnotize Someone – Step by Step

Posted Under: Free Hypnosis Articles,Hypnosis Blog,Hypnosis Training

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/calbanyan/calbanyan.com/wp-content/themes/calbanyan-hypnosis-authority/single.php on line 106
How to Hypnotize Someone

How to hypnotize someone, that is what so many people visiting this site wants to know. In fact, being a professional hypnotist, it seems like every time I go to any kind of business or social gathering, and someone finds out that I am a hypnotist, everyone wants to know how to hypnotize someone.

I tell them that, “just hypnotizing someone is easy! All you have to do is find a willing subject, read them a good induction script” and that is about it. Well, of course there is more to it. Most people want to accomplish something through hypnotizing someone, right?

So, I decided I would put together this very simple outline on “How to hypnotize some”. Have a look and leave your comments. I’ll place some links in the outline below so that you can learn about specific (how to hypnotize) resources, such as induction scripts, and hypnotic suggestion scripts.

How to hypnotize someone:

1. Provide your soon to be hypnotized subject with a good hypnosis pre-talk. Here is a link to an example of a video we show our clients at our hypnosis center.

2. Of course, you will probably want to know why the person wants to be hypnotized. This part of the process is called the pre-hypnosis interview. You will use this information to select or create the suggestions that you will use during your hypnosis session.

• Article/Interview where I talk about the “pre-hypnosis interview”.

3. Use a reliable and fast hypnotic induction. Faster inductions tend to be more reliable when done correctly because your hypnotic subject is less likely to get distracted. All things being equal, the faster the induction the more reliable it will be in hypnotizing someone. Here are two of my favorite hypnotic inductions: the Elman-Banyan Induction and my Eight Word Induction.

4. Expert hypnotists will also test his or her subject to ensure that the subject has been hypnotized. If you are only looking for a light state of hypnosis, then simply suggest to the client that he or she is unable to open her eyes, then tell them to try to open them. When they are unable to open their eyes, your subject will be impressed! And, it is a good test for the lightest state of hypnosis. Experts will use covert testing for somnambulism when hypnotizing their clients.

• Here is a hypnotic induction script with a built in test for somnambulism.

5. Once you have hypnotized someone (your subject or client) provide him or her with suggestions for getting the results that he or she wants. The simplest way to do this is to be prepared by having your client tell you what results are desired. Then write out some statements before the session that are short, simple, positive and in present tense. Combine these suggestions with the benefits of making the change.

6. Now that you have hypnotized someone, and after you have provided your subject with the desired suggestions, then you would emerge the client. This is commonly done by suggesting to the client that after a count of 1 to 3, he or she will open his or her eyes and emerge feeling great.

7. Then spend some time with your subject so that he or she can tell you about the experience. There it is. That is a very simple outline describing how to hypnotize someone. Check out the “how to hypnotize” links for the details.

Of course, you can do much more during a hypnosis session than is outlined here. To learn more, keep checking back and watch our many Hypnosis, Etc. free hypnosis training episodes. And, of course if you want to get proper training, taking one of the National Guild of Hypnotists approved Banyan Hypnosis Certification Courses is a great way to prepare for a career in the profession of hypnotism.

Now, go out there and hypnotize someone! 🙂

15 Reader Comments to How to Hypnotize Someone – Step by Step

1. Steven Peliari January 23, 2009 at 8:06 AM

This is a very detailed guide on how to hypnotize someone, thank you for sharing.

2. guy moon April 23, 2009 at 3:52 PM

that sucked

3. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH April 23, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Guy Moon – Thanks for your comment. I suppose you can’t make everyone happy! 🙂

Steven – I’m glad you liked it! Heck it was free. Maybe Guy will like the videos better. 😉

4. Dr. Ike November 9, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Thank you for sharing…u r awesome ^_^

5. Cal July 15, 2010 at 6:47 PM

I just posted a link to this page on the Hypnosis, Etc. FAN PAGE. Have a look at http://www.facebook.com/hypnosisetc

6. Cal April 13, 2011 at 11:27 AM

You are going to love this…  I now have a new free learn to hypnotize video series on http://www.hypnosis.org  Enjoy!  Cal

7. aubs June 7, 2011 at 12:06 PM

cool! i think ill try this!

8. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH June 7, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Hello Aubs – Glad you like the info.  Make sure you check out http://www.Hypnosis.ORG for information about how to hypnotize.

9. Big Fan OF Hynotism!! 2525 February 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I Went on google and searched up hynotism i think you did a good job of writing everything you said but i still cant understand how to hynotise somebody, i started loveing hynotism after i started reading the Molly Moon Series it was full of interisting stuff about hynotism i would continue to be a big fan about hynotism but i guess am not old enough to now hynotism
    (I Am 13 years old i turned thirteen in january 18

10. Cal February 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Hello “Big Fan”,

Thanks for your comment.  Do what you can to keep your interest alive.  Hypnosis is real.  You can learn it.  But remember, there are no short cuts.  You need to learn the techniques, and your clients must be thoroughly prepared to go into hypnosis.  Make sure you don’t skip the pre-talk, and get someone who is an adult to supervise your learning experience.

11. Caleb Rivet April 10, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Cool! I’m turning twelve tommorow, and I like learning about psychology. My friends say I’m obsessed, but oh well. I’ve even managed to hypnotize a few of them with your techniques-this is amazing! Anyway, I included my age above because my friends say I’m too young for this. Yeah, right. Anyway, thanks for this!

12. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH April 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Hello Caleb – Thanks for leaving a comment.

I applaud you early interest in hypnosis.

I hope that you are receiving some kind of adult supervision.  Be careful and always treat your hypnotic subjects ethically.

13. suhaimi hashim July 23, 2012 at 7:54 AM

m really interested in  hypnosis…. probably would try out yr techniques…. thks

14. Debra April 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Thanks for your post. You can bet that this article will change the way I approach every situation.
    Do you have any advice on ways to utilize both direct and indirect suggestions in self hypnosis?
    If so, kindly get in touch via my site

15. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH May 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Hello Debra – I don’t use indirect suggestion.