Posted Under: Hypnosis Blog,Hypnosis News

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/calbanyan/calbanyan.com/wp-content/themes/calbanyan-hypnosis-authority/single.php on line 106

Obama should see a good hypnotist.Today in a news report presidential candidate says we should cut him “some slack” for smoking because he is running for president.

Is the stress causing him to smoke? Perhaps he should find a good hypnotist!

Here is a link to the report that Obama is still smoking. What do you think? Leave a comment and let me know what you think?

8 Reader Comments to Obama Admits to Smoking Cigarettes on the Campaign Trail, Perhaps He Needs a Good Hypnotist?

1. Kevin October 8, 2008 at 4:49 PM

So? Do people think others don’t go home and drink? Think he’s the only one on Washington that smokes? I HATE smoking, and am proud of helping people stop, but why does “slack” need to be given. It’s should be a 100% non-issue.

2. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH October 8, 2008 at 5:20 PM

This is going to be interesting. The conversation should be about, should Obama get a hypnotist to help him stop smoking if he cannot do it on his own?

We do not want to get into a political discussion here if we can avoid it.

So what do you think? I think that Obama should decide if he wants to smoke or not. If he does, then he should just go ahead and smoke. I heard that he was a smoker up until he decided to run for president. So it sounds like he wants to smoke. If that is so, then he should go ahead and smoke.

If he doesn’t want smoke then he should just quit like millions of Americans have done, and if he cannot do it on his own, then he should find a good hypnotist. Then, after he has used hypnosis to quit smoking, it would be great if he told everyone how helpful that hypnotist was for him. It would be great for the profession.

If anyone knows Obama, tell him I am available. I’ll help him!

So Obama, either be a smoker, or quit. That is what I say.

Any input on this?

3. jeff cartwright October 8, 2008 at 6:45 PM

I think a more interesting discussion could be on the use of NLP and hypnotic tricks in advertizing. Both campains DEM AND REP are using massive amounts of this old marketing trick to link emotions to a particular candidate. How programed are we by are televisions?
    love,hope,peace baby

4. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH October 8, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Hi Jeff – I agree that that would be an interesting topic (NLP in politics). But, don’t you think it would be great if Obama went and saw a hypnotist and he quit smoking for real, and the word got out that it worked! That would be a boon for everyone who works with people to help them stop smoking with hypnosis. 🙂 That is my point.

5. lydia October 9, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Hi,
    I have been working with smokers lately and I have come to the point that they all really need 5-path. Does Obama need 5-path or the 2 session program hmmmmm

6. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH October 9, 2008 at 2:10 PM

That is a very good question Lydia. Is Obama an emotional smoker or one who only does it out of habit? Of course to know for sure, I would have to ask him what it is like for him when he tries to quit smoking. If it is really difficult for him because he becomes emotional, then 5-PATH would be the way to go.

However, if quitting was pretty easy for him, and stressful situations do not make him want to smoke, then a simple two-session approach like I teach should do the trick.

Having considered all of that, I would guess that since he seems to be smoking in response to the stress he is experiencing on the campaign trail, then it is more likely that he is using the occasional cigarette to help him handle is stress (emotions).

Thanks for you comment!

7. Greg Turner October 11, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Its a shame really, but I imagine that if Obama went to a hypnotist to stop smoking and people found out about it they would treat it like they did Mrs. Ronald Reagan seeing a psychic. With negativity. There are many, many people out there who would not want their president seeing a hypnotist!

8. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH October 11, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Greg – Thanks for your comment. If that is true then we still have a lot of work ahead of us, if we are thought of the same way as psychics. I think we have just a bit more credibility with at least most people. But, then…

🙂 Cal