Fire Near Banyan Home & Banyan Hypnosis Center

Posted Under: Hypnosis Blog

Fire Burning Near Banyan Hypnosis Center and Banyan Home

It is an exciting evening here at the Banyan house, in Tustin, California, as we look out from our front yard and see a fire burning about 2 miles away. This is an area that I regularly ride my bike through. It is really windy, and these So. Cal. fires can move quite quickly. We will keep an eye on it; Hopefully they get it under control. I’ll write more later and let you know how it turns out.

6 Reader Comments to Fire Near Banyan Home & Banyan Hypnosis Center

1. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH October 21, 2007 at 7:35 PM

Update – 8:30 PM: It is still very windy, and we are still fine. We are watching the news. I think it is going to be a late night, unless we hear that they are making some headway on getting this fire under control.

2. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH October 22, 2007 at 7:31 AM

Update – 8:30 AM: It is now being called the Santiago Fire. The firefighters are doing a great job and keeping the fire away from homes. The winds are still very strong, and it continues to “skip” around the firefighters, who through their persistent efforts, are keeping up with the situation.

So, we will be heading off to work this morning, and while we are there we will have the radio going so that we can keep up with things. Here is a link to a local news site that we will be checking from time to time, http://www.myfoxla.com (more about LA than the OC though).

3. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH October 22, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Update – 6:00 PM: I just checked the news before we head home from the office. The fires are still burning. The wind is still blowing. There are some mandatory evacuations not far from our home. But it looks like our home and office are safe for now. Iā€™m feeling lucky.

It is extremely unlikely that the Banyan Hypnosis Center will be affected by the fire. Our house, on the other hand, is closer to the flames, but like I said, I’m feeling pretty lucky right now and expect that things will be fine. I’ll leave you another update when we are sure.

4. Patty Morgan October 23, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Cal and Maureen,

I too am keeping an eye out for the both of you. I have a friend that works in NV at a fire dispatch center that has just been sent to help.
    Keeping you and everyone down there in my prayers.
    Patty

5. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH October 23, 2007 at 7:25 PM

Update – 8:30 PM: The wind has stopped. I think that the firefighters will win this one. šŸ˜€ I think the major part of the threat has passed. Life is good! At least here in the Tustin area, I think it is, for the most part over.

6. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH October 26, 2007 at 8:04 AM

Update – 9:30 AM: We are still alive and well, and have suffered no more than reduced air quality and a fairly good dusting of ashes from the fire. The fires are still burning, but since the wind has dropped down, the firefighters are able to keep things under control.