Confessions of an Overweight Hypnotist

Posted Under: Cal's Weight Loss Program,Hypnosis Blog

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/calbanyan/calbanyan.com/wp-content/themes/calbanyan-hypnosis-authority/single.php on line 106

First off, to everyone in the USA, happy Thanksgiving Day. Enjoy the friends, family and food. Hmmm…. Food. That brings me to my topic for this post, and for an ongoing project between now and August 2007.

cal-5P-dinner.jpgConfessions—it seems are always interesting. Let’s find out what you think of mine.

First off, it is not all bad. It started when I first received my certification in hypnotherapy. I started using what I knew about hypnosis to lose weight. However, it was not in and of itself sufficient to bring me much success, so the rest of what I needed to learn about weight loss came from my clients, and that information, or at least a great deal of it, is in my book, The Secret Language of Feelings. With that knowledge in hand and a very special kind of self-hypnosis, now called 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® I managed to lose about 60 pounds. But that was only a partial success.

I suppose that is when it began to happen and here comes the confession. Before I lost all of the weight that I really needed to lose, maybe another 30 pounds or so and reached my “ideal weight” whatever that means, I stopped losing weight and pretty much went into a “holding pattern.” I suppose a big part of the problem was that I was pleased with myself for doing so well, at least up to that point. The end result was that I lost motivation. After all, my life was great and no one was after me to lose another pound. And, I think my wife was even a bit relieved as I eased up on my dietary restrictions, and began to eat in a way that seemed to be more “normal” in our house.

I was pretty happy with my success for quite a while; I continued to carry on with the status quo as they say. Then we made the big decision, we decided to move to California all the way from Minneapolis, Minnesota. This was a huge undertaking; moving our entire business, including our school, and not only that, we had to sell a home, and buy another (plus all of that packing and unpacking that goes with that process). It was quite a chore, and since we just moved into our new home about a week ago, we are still up to our hips in boxes. (Life goes on, and before we get all moved in, we are off to Singapore to conduct some hypnosis classes, and I’m writing this in an airport as we wait for Singapore Airlines to ready our plane. I’ll post this as soon as we land. Oops, I am off topic, forgive me and I’ll get back to the confessions now.)

We arrived in Orange County and “hit the ground running.” We moved into a furnished apartment that we expected to serve us for a couple of months while we find a new home, and get our new office up and running. That is when it began, working late, not having a great place to cook when we got home and all of the other challenges of such a big project can provide, and the expected two month stay became six months. And, as the time went by my weight has crept up a bit, putting on about 15 pounds or so. Well, I can see that I need to get back on track, and do so pretty quickly.

Did I mention that I’m headed off to Singapore? This means that I am not going to be in the best situation for losing weight, and getting back on track. But I AM ready to make a commitment and here it is. I commit to coming to the next National Guild of Hypnotists Convention in August, 2007 at my ideal weight. I expect that I will get started right after Christmas. (It is so cliché to wait until the New Year.)

This is what I want to do between now and then:

1. I am going to research a really great eating plan, and find some really great recipes so that I can still have something good to eat each day, but lose some significant weight. I want to have a plan for this in place and kitchen fully stocked with all the right stuff so that I will always have what I need to be successful (you know, celery, lettuce, etc.)

2. I have to figure out what my ideal weight is. I am about 5 foot, 11 and half inches tall, and am 51 years old as of last week. I’m sure there is a proper chart somewhere on the Internet, or I’ll go to the doctor and get some advice here.

AND, I’d love to get your input. What kind of eating program do YOU think should I embark upon? Do you have any really great “healthy eating” weight loss recipes?

And, just to keep you all posted on my progress, I am going to report everything right here on this Web log (blog). Hmmm, I wonder how I should do that? What do you think? Would a weekly weigh-in suffice? Or would measurement be better? Let me know what you think.

Here is my plan as of now:

1. I am going to motivate myself using 7th Path Self-Hypnosis®, and reading about weight loss successes. I might also use my new TiVo to record some of those weight loss programs like “The Biggest Loser” or the “Celebrity Fit Club.” It is so fun watching others succeed. For me that is always inspirational.

2. I am going to eat in a way that is healthy and will promote excellent weight loss.

3. I am going to exercise every day, with one or two light days of exercise per week, and the rest will be moderate levels of exercise.

4. I am going to drink an ample amount of water.

5. I am going to get an ample amount of sleep, which will probably be a real challenge for me. I have always undervalued getting much sleep. I wish I could operate on 0 sleep! Alas, I hear that it is an important part of being healthy and losing weight. I just bought a great new bed and now it looks like I’m going to get some use out of it.

By the way, I invite anyone who would like to write comments here to do so. And, if there are any other overweight hypnotists who would like to join me in making this commitment, please let me know and we will be successful together!

23 Reader Comments to Confessions of an Overweight Hypnotist

1. Steve Nollette December 3, 2006 at 10:07 PM

something you said in one of your cds or books if you have a thought to over eat or eat unhealthy foods ect. it’s just a thought and you do not have to act on it, we have thousands of thoughts each day and most of them we discard. your advise was very helpfull after completing 7-path.
    I released thirty pounds, thanks cal
    cheers Steve

2. Cindy Brooks December 20, 2006 at 9:06 PM

Hello, Cal,
    This may seems like a silly question, but have you ever gone through 5-PATH for yourself? Granted, there may be a problem finding someone you could feel very confident in, after all you have been almost everyone’s teacher. But surely there are some you might feel could do the job. It takes some trust.

I personally think everyone who does this work could benefit from experience in “the chair”. It is valuable both for clearing and education.

I found that I could loose tons, well, maybe not quite that much, weight just by stopping eating sugar, white bread and potatoes along with other high glycemic index foods like rice and beets, most fruits, etc. This is mostly covered in the Atkins Diet book. At the time on the NGH convention I was losing about 1/2 lb./day. I’ve leveled off at about 28 lbs. from where I started, on purpose.

One problem with this diet is that it is a challenge to get a balanced meal.
    I am under a Dr.’s care. This can be important as one may have health considerations like high BP or other contraindications for this type of intense diet. Also, supplementation may be indicated if one is missing essential elements in whatever diet one chooses. Thyroid function is an important test to have checked…a big culprit in weight problems and often overlooked by Dr.s unless there is a frank problem. Mine shifted after being on the diet for a few months.

A benefit is that there is swift progress. A modified version of the diet is indicated for maintenance of a weight level. That is covered in the book, too.

In The Secret, they suggest concentrating your focus on the desireable weight. Believe it is coming to you and act as if you are already there.

How are you doing so far?
    Taking care of YOU is important!
    Cindy B

3. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH December 21, 2006 at 12:56 PM

Hi Steve and Cindy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write down your comments! This is going to be an exciting “run” so to speak, and I’m awfully glad to know a few of you are out there watching my progress as the story unfolds.

Steve, I’m sorry for taking so long to respond to your comment, I’ve been off to Singapore doing a whole bunch of training. Thanks for sending me some of my own advice! I’m looking forward to using all of the principles that I have learned over the years to help others. I am also very happy to hear about your success using 7th Path Self-Hypnosis®! Congratulations on your weight loss success.

Cindy, I don’t think that your question is silly at all! Of course I haven’t gone through 5-PATH™ myself, that would be too easy. ;-p Just so you know, right after I became certified as a hypnotherapist I ran right out and found a hypnotherapist to do some work on me. Unfortunately that hypnotherapist was not successful in helping me to alleviate my problem (which was not weight loss, but rather excess sweating, which was relieved later on with 7th Path Self-Hypnosis®). The other hypnotherapist, just to be fair, only did one session on me and it was age regression, but not the whole 5-PATH™ process.

Thanks for the diet recommendations. I want to hear everyone’s input. I am not going to do the Atkins Diet. Rather I am going to focus on eating mostly lower Glycemic Index foods, allowing for some fruits and other low fat, low sugar foods, and reducing portion size. (Oh, and just to add one thing, I had my thyroid functioning checked out and I am A-OK!)

As far as hypnosis/hypnotherapy goes, I will be using 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® (it can do everything that 5-PATH™ can do but it can be done on a “do-it-yourself” basis.

Regarding my “intentions,” I’m sure you will like to know that I am also totally in-tune with the whole Law of Attraction and Law of Allowing (i.e., The Secret movie and Abraham-Hicks), and I am expecting great success!

As far as how it has been going so far, I am in the planning stages right now. I am just back from Singapore, where we ate out every day (three meals a day) for about a month! Each meal was wonderful and none of it will be on my new meal plan. Yeah, I kind of “went for it” knowing that I was going to lose the weight after the holidays. So the plan is to start on World Hypnotism Day, January 4th, 2007. In the mean time I have plumped up really well and will be totally motivated when I start! (I’ll just have to find the courage to step on that scale and reveal it to the world! I really don’t mind though because I know that it is for a good cause, showing the world that we CAN practice what we preach.)

I also want to say congratulations to you on your weight loss success. And, Thanks again for leaving a comment!

With you on the Path, intending my ideal body weight and health,

4. Craig Eubanks December 25, 2006 at 11:24 AM

Hey Cal,

Welcome to California! Or should I say welcome back. I guess those Minnesota winters finally got to be enough.

Next time I’m in LA I’ll come by and visit the new Hypnosis Center.

As far as a way to eat… I’ve done the strict Atkins and had amazing success for both myself and others I’ve know who did it. But it’s a bit restrictive and a challenge to stick with when you can’t cook your own food.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I understand the South Beach Diet is a more modern version of Atkins, based on Glycemic Load and not just carbohydrates.

Check it out and see if that fits your requirements. There’s a good synopsis at this link at about.com http://weightloss.about.com/cs/diets/a/aa060403a.htm

Best wishes for you and Maureen in the new year!

Cheers,

Craig

5. Fauziah Shah, MA, BCH,CI December 26, 2006 at 4:22 AM

Hi Cal,
    I remember you said in class once that if something is so important
    for you, you will be able to achieve it and I believe this is one of
    those ‘important’ things, especially now that you have announced it to
    the world. Although I’m big, I’ve always been satisfied with myself, but
    your plan to lose weight seems to rub off on me too, so I would like to
    join you to lose some weight by August 2007. Hope to see you at the
    convention slimmer!
    I understand that water therapy is an excellent start. The way to do it
    is to drink about 1.5 l of water first thing in the morning, before brushing
    your teeth. Food can only be consumed about an hour or later after this. This practice
    is meant to flush out the system and clear the body of all toxins. Also, it
    provides the body with all the water it would need for the day, but ofcourse
    we can drink water as and when we need it throughout the day. One good thing about drinking so much water is that you don’t think about food at all or you can’t stuff your body with food when it is so full with water! Also the change in routine reminds us of our commitment to eat healthy food and helps us in our goal of losing weight. Good Luck!

6. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH December 27, 2006 at 1:29 PM

Hello Fauziah Shah,

Thanks for stopping by the CalBanyan.com hypnosis blog and leaving some advice.

That’s right, for us hypnotists, especially those who are trained in 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® and The Secret Language of Feelings (like you), what we mainly need to do is make being physically fit a priority. That, along with a little common sense, and a good diet plan and we can certainly meet our weight loss goals. I’m glad to hear that you have decided to make the same commitment, “optimum weight for the convention!” I wish you the best of luck.

Keep in touch and let us know about your weight loss success.

With you on the Path,
    Cal Banyan

7. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH December 27, 2006 at 1:33 PM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for stopping by my website and for offering some weight loss advice. I hope you can come and see our new Banyan Hypnosis Center, here in Tustin, California the next time you are in the area.

By the way, thanks for doing so much for the Marketing Hypnosis Group on Yahoo! Your contribution to the email group is greatly appreciated.

Here’s to a great New Year!
    Cal Banyan

8. Sheilah Davis MA., M.ht December 28, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Hi, my name is Sheilah and I’m an overweight hypnotist. In the past, I’ve always been able to lose weight quickly and easily, but, after having a fourth child (no sleep)and becoming addicted to diet soda (not enough water) – I have been living larger(by about 30 lbs).

My biggest problem is making myself a priority. As a mother and wife, I am consistently baking goodies for the family and school: that is far too much temptation. I’ll catch myself using household chores as a way to excuse taking time out to exercise: why exercise when I can catch up on the laundry?

That all changes today. Cal, I’ll be happy to join you in your commitment to lose weight and embrace a healthier lifestyle.

Wishing you the best of success,

Sheilah

9. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH December 29, 2006 at 7:31 PM

Hi Sheilah,

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment and post it here on http://www.CalBanyan.com! It sounds like this topic is really of interest to a lot of hypnotists, so don’t feel alone.

Fortunately for me, being a man, I have never had to face the rapid shift in hormones that women do after having a baby. But I am now 51 years old and am experiencing a similar difficulty in losing weight recently, when in the past it was pretty easy. That is why I have decided to make it a priority!

Losing weight is a quality of life decision for me, I know everything in my life will be better with better health and energy, which will come with reaching and maintaining my ideal weight.

I’m so glad that you are going to take this as an opportunity to make yourself a priority. After all, you are so important to those in your family who love you and depend on you. What better way to say, “I love you” than to give your family a happier and healthier you!

So, let’s spread the word. Maybe we can encourage many more overweight hypnotists to make it their goal to lose weight and come to this next year’s NGH convention at their ideal weight. I think that would be spectacular. Heck, it could become an annual event.

And Sheilah, when convention comes around, make sure that you stop by my booth and introduce yourself so I can congratulate you on the slimmer you!

With you on the Path,
    Cal Banyan

10. Tom Nicoli January 2, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Hi Cal… to relieve any negative emotions and start with a clean slate, let’s just say your body adapted to the cold winters in MN and like a bear ready for winter, did what we do naturally and prepared for survival. Ahhh… doesn’t that feel better now?

As we all know, the biggest problem most people have regarding losing weight and being fit is the lack of routine exercise, simple fact. And… if you ever want some distant hypnotic assistance, I know this hypnotist who seems to have some very effective audio systems for just such an issue. Contact me and I’ll turn you on to him. 🙂

I anticipate your success,
    Tom

11. Matt Sison January 2, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Hey Cal,

You know, I probably can’t offer you anymore advice then what everybody else and yourself have come up with. So I know you’ll be just fine in any decision you choose as far as diet or any “mental” clearing and filling of the cup you follow.

That being said, I will hold a vibrational image of you reaching your goal and being proud about how you’ve reached it come August. I envision and feel that your success by August will lead to others being publicly honest with themselves (especially hypnotists), and allowing others to be transparent about thier own obstacles so they can have the success you are having in utilizing your obstacles for a better life.

Cal, much love and slim thoughts for you in the new year!
    Matt Sison
    “Quantify the power of law of attractin with “Remembrance” a CD created to help you realize and actualize your truest desires. – matt@hypnosisandfitness.com

12. Susan Egland January 2, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Hello Cal, and congratulations on such an important health decision. I wish you the best and have ultimate confidence that you will meet your goal and be very healthy in time for the Conference.

Following are a few Q and A’s from the website… http://www.dmww.com/factsheets/WaterHealth.htm which I found very interesting. Wanted to share with you. Hope it can give you a few more tips about water intake. There are alot of issues about how much water to drink and is it better to drink bottled ‘spring’ water or tap water, etc. Enjoy…Susan Egland,CH, Minneapolis, MN

Q: How much water should you drink on a daily basis?
    A: Health and fitness experts recommend drinking about eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day. New research from Mayo Clinic health experts suggests dividing your weight in half and using this number in ounces as a target amount for daily water consumption.

Q: What are the health benefits of drinking tap water?
    A: Tap water includes minerals that are crucial to providing clean, healthy, and pleasant tasting water. Fluoride is added to prevent tooth decay. Chlorine is added as a disinfectant to kill bacteria and harmful contaminants. Des Moines Water Works filters the water through powdered activated carbon to improve the taste and odor of its water. Bottled water and filtered water may be lacking many minerals necessary to ensure that your water is healthy. Tap water also costs less and is more convenient!

Q: How does water affect digestion and metabolism?
    A: In order to make sure your digestion and metabolism work at full capacity, it is important to drink enough water. New research suggests being dehydrated can actually slow down your metabolism, causing you to burn fewer calories.

Tips in Getting Your Needed Daily Water Allowance:
    1. Drink moderate-sized portions spread throughout the day. Trying to drink large quantities at one time triggers the body to rid itself of water.
    2. Make the glass aesthetically appealing or add lemon or lime.
    3. Make water available at all times. Drink a glass when you wake up, before and especially after exercising, or try carrying a water bottle with you during the day.
    4. Other beverages do not count in your water intake, so think pure tap water to quench your thirst.
    5. Caffeinated beverages can actually dehydrate your body. Have one glass of water for each caffeinated beverage you drink.

13. Dale January 2, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Cal,

Take a look at a book called Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program That Works (Paperback)

by Evelyn Tribole, Elyse Resch

# ISBN-10: 0312321236
    # ISBN-13: 978-0312321239

Whatever eating program you integrate into your life there are concepts in this book that are invaluable. The very thought that we all intuitively know what foods are good for us and what the appropriate quantities are is comforting. We all deserve delicious treats but a small piece of chocolate does not mean a ‘cheesecake factory’ sized slice of cake.

Also working with some mindfulness meditation and really being present with your food is essential. We all tend to gobble and getting through some of the gigantic portions we are served almost seems like work.

To your great success and pleasure,

Dale

14. Pam Moshé January 2, 2007 at 7:16 PM

Hi, Cal,

Happy New Year to you and Maureen!! It’s been too long! I commend you for putting yourself out there to all! I too have joined the ranks of an overweight hypnotist and have embarked on my own fitness and health mission! I’ve joined a gym with a personal trainer and am following the Weight Watchers program. It is truly the most manageable and doable program. It is a way of life and allows you to eat in moderation with thought, planning and awareness!!! I recommend this program to anyone who wants to lose weight in a healthy, realistic fashion.

I hope to see you at the 2007 convention. I’ll be the one in the slinky dress! (What you tell yourself, you become!!!!!) Good luck to all! Healthy eating and fitness for all.

Warmly,

Pam Moshé

15. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH January 3, 2007 at 8:43 AM

More and more the comments just keep coming in. You all are getting me more and more excited about my weight loss plan with hypnosis. Now, let me respond to your posts!

Hi Tom, thanks for your post! And yes, I do feel better out here in Cali! The best thing is that I’m going to be able to go outside and exercise all year long (I never really got into the winter sports thing in Minnesota, i.e. cross country skiing and so on)! And by the way, just in case anyone wants to know more about your audio program for weight loss they can go to http://www.BanyanHypnosisMall.com. Thanks for your positive anticipations of success.

Matt, it is good to hear from you as well. Thanks for the “good vibrations” I’m soaking them all up, and preparing to move into that picture of tip-top health. I hope you can make it to the convention this year. It would be really great to spend some time with you. Wait a minute you live in California. We need to meet at Eric’s and chat like old times. 🙂

Susan, thanks for posting all of that really great information. Rest assured I am going to be drinking lots of water, both bottled and tap water. We have a really nice filter on our home water supply that takes out the bad stuff but leaves the good stuff like minerals. Thanks again for the well wishes, and “keep tuned” as they say for future updates on my success.

Dale, thanks for the suggested reading. I’ll be sure to check it out next time I am in the bookstore. And, I am totally with you on the idea that portion control is a big part of being successful in any healthy eating plan. Keep checking back, I’m sure I’ll learn more as I go along and I’m sure to pass it on to everyone here.

Pam, thanks for the New Years wishes. Congratulations to you for “embarking” on your “own fitness and health mission.” And, I’m totally in agreement with you that this needs to be a “way of life” change. I’ll bring the camera and we can get a photo of our slim and healthy bods at the convention. Best wishes to you for your success!

Bye for now. I start the 4th so keep checking back and sending me your comments!

16. Kathy Horne January 3, 2007 at 8:01 PM

Hello Cal Happy New Year and I do know you will reach your ideal weight and I look forward to getting to the convention and meeting you. I did want to make a comment on “loosing weight” I do not use the term “loose” for myself or clients. My belief is anything we loose we will find….I have “lost” weight many times in my life and always find it plus a bonus…. and this is the first time I have “dumped, got rid of, released, let go–which ever term fits for each person. I will also be at my ideal weight for this summer.
    All the best to you and thank you for so much and all you do, I have so enjoyed learning from you.
    Take care and enjoy
    Kathy

17. Barbara January 4, 2007 at 4:28 AM

Hello Cal,

I agree totally with the post about intuition. In my best hypnotic voice -“You no longer focus on food.”

Your body knows what it requires so all you need do is just let yourself listen and be yourself.
    Revel in everything that passes through your lips and enjoy.

Would you like me to send you a CD? 🙂

Sparkles of success to you
    Barbara x

18. Niki Cassar January 4, 2007 at 5:40 AM

Hi Cal

Today is the day you start your new regime! Congratulations on achieving your ideal body weight. (Note that I’m phrasing it as if it has already happened!) Now, the one thing which no-one has asked, as far as I can see, if what happens AFTER you reach your goal? What are your plans to maintain that healthy eating/exercising/sleeping lifestyle? We all know the realities of life – i.e. that keeping to a health plan for a period of several months can be quite easy, especially when we have a specific date to work to, but then ‘life’ can get in the way, and being human beings, we can sometimes lapse. So maybe you can incorporate into your 7th Path your intention to maintain your ideal weight?

I shall have the pleasure of checking you out in person mid-term, when you come over to the UK to do the 5-Path course in April. The good news is that English meal portions are about 50% of US ones, and also, with the Pound/Dollar exchange rate, you won’t be able to afford to eat much here anyway!

Warmest wishes
    Niki Cassar

19. Maryann Boulton, RN, CH January 4, 2007 at 6:46 AM

Hi Cal,
    For some good solid information on nutrition and life style change I will refer you to Drs. Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz. They have written two books that I recommend to my clients. The first is “You, The Owners Manual”, an easy and enjoyable read about the working of the human body and it includes great recipes. The second is: You, On a Diet.
    I don’t use the diet word with my clients as their goal is a life long change in eating habits not a temporary fix. Reading labels is essential, especially bread labels. Decreasing sugars use, eliminating white flour, white bread and simple starches (white potatoes, white pasta and white rice). I also request that they REPLACE diet beverages with water ( a twist of lemon, lime or orange if needed) and STOP using artificial sweetners. Finally, the only physical way to shed pounds is by decreasing caloric intake and increasing exercise. Easy to say, difficult to achieve. Hypnosis is a great reinforcement tool. Your highway script is great. I’ve even had good results with waking hypnosis. Just explaining to someone that they do have choices and demonstrating the use of their imagination has been effective.
    Regards to Maureen and your daughter.
    I’m sending positive intentions your way.
    Sincerely,
    Maryann Boulton, RN
    Staten Island, NY

20. Banyan’s Hypnosis Blog - News and Opinions » Blog Archive » World Hypnotism Day! And, Cal Starts His Weight Loss Commitment for NGH Convention

21. Teresa del Giudice, CH January 6, 2007 at 9:44 AM

Hi Cal

I’m in a very similar boat to the one you are in. I have gotten about halfway to my goal weight and have been stalled here for quite a while. I have done a 180 on my exercise habits and have become much more fit and added a lot of muscle. I’m off blood pressure medication now because I exercise so much and have reduced my weight so much. But that number on the scale just sits right there mocking me, has been stuck where it is for over a year.

I have been doing a number of different eating plans; I started out with South Beach, which I think is sound, and have graduated now to the Schwarzbein Principle. If you are an “apple-shaped” person and carry your weight in your belly this is a must-read, it’s about insulin resistance and turning that around.

I’ve done everything from monitoring my caloric intake at a strict 2,000/day (I’m 6’1″) with 5-6 heavy workouts a week (without shedding a pound), to now being consistent with the Schwarzbein program with less exercise. Naturally I also use self-hypnosis.

What I have recently learned, because I simply refuse to give up on it, is that I have a food addiction. It’s a bit of a slippery slope, because unlike cigarettes or alcohol I can’t “just say no.” I wish I could get some chair time about it, but that’s not in the cards for me right now. I’m working on it and getting there bit by bit, but I get that there are some specific things I need to work through before the fat will actually leave my body. I did notice that as soon as I recognized that my eating behaviors are addictive, even when I keep them on a tight leash, suddenly everything shifted to much easier. I have a religious obligation to fast on certain days and that has also been very enlightening in terms of my relationship to food.

The fact that I am 40+ and female adds to the hormonal imbalance problems greatly, but I do recommend the Schwarzbein Principle as a must-read for men also. You can Google “insulin resistance” if you don’t want to invest in the book. Endocrinology has everything to do with it.

Good luck to you, I know you can do this.

22. Casting TV Show January 18, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Hi Cal,

We came across your website and thought you might be interested in applying to be on our television show focusing on people losing weight. This is a major network show from the producers of the ABC hit show SUPERNANNY.

Please email us at castingtvshow@hotmail.com for more information.

Thanks so much and good luck!

23. Cal Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH January 18, 2007 at 11:03 AM

Hi Everyone,

Wow, this topic is getting a lot of attention. Thanks so much for your comments, and tips. Please keep them coming!

And, look at comment 22! I might even get to go on TV and bring this to an even broader audience. I believe that this message is important and I look forward to digging in and really doing my best to help everyone begin to live a healthier life, starting with me. It is my intention to “walk the walk” as they say.

By the way I am now down 13 pounds since I started my weight loss program on World Hypnotism Day (Jan. 4th, 2007).

I look forward to seeing everyone at the NGH Solid Gold Weekend next month so that I can show off what I have accomplished so far and promote weight loss among hypnotists everywhere.

By the way, if you haven’t read it yet, I hope you will all take some time to read my new Hypnosis Manifesto. It is my vision for the profession. There is a link at the top right hand side of this page.

Thanks again for your input and encouragement!

Cal Banyan