Gosh, I had a great time last night! I met with Elsom Eldridge and about 43 others on a teleseminar. Using a teleseminar to get the word out about the workshops at the upcoming National Guild of Hypnotists Convention, and doing a little advanced hypnosis training has been a great idea.
You see, every year the NGH puts on the biggest, best and friendliest hypnosis convention in the world. There are literally more than a couple of hundred workshops, and these mini-teleseminars are a great way for those who are thinking about attending to check out the different topics and speakers.
But it isn’t all marketing! Each seminar that is produced has to be educational. As a matter of fact, the NGH allows the participants to go to a website and answer one or two questions about the topic presented on the teleseminar and receive continuing education credits for participating.
I presented on one of my favorite topics, 5-PATH™, my systematic approach to doing hypnotherapy.
Here are some highlights from the teleconference.
What 5-PATH means and when it is appropriate.
5-PATH is an acronym for Five-Phase Abreactive Therapeutic Hypnosis and it consists of five phases:
- Phase I – The direct suggestion and convincer Phase
- Phase II – The Age Regression and Progression Phase
- Phase III – The Forgiveness of Others Phase
- Phase IV – The Forgiveness of Self Phase
- Phase V – The Parts Mediation Phase
5-PATH is an advanced form of hypnotherapy designed to address both the cognitive and emotional components of an issue, and provide permanent results because it uses the most powerful tools available to the hypnotist. One reason these tools, such as age regression and parts therapy are so powerful is because they are insight techniques.
Use it when you want to have great results with a wide variety of issues such as:
- Stop Smoking
- Weight Loss
- Fears and Phobias
- Removing Bad Habits
- Removing Addictions
- Removing Obstacles to Success
- Removing Stress (as Opposed to Stress Management)
- Improving Relationships
- Improving Sports Performance
- Improving Motivation
- Working with Psychosomatic Illness
- Working with Stress Related Illness
- Remove the Emotional Component of Pain
- Work with Difficult Secondary Gain Issues
How to make every hypnosis session more successful.
- Work in the level of somnambulism (see website for induction).
- Covertly test for somnambulism and then use convincers
How to make age regression a part of your practice.
- Age regression is one of the most powerful tools available to the hypnotherapist because, when done expertly, it allows the hypnotherapist to both identify the cause of the problem and remove it.
- Age Regression is Phase II of the 5-PATH process, and as such, when you become trained in 5-PATH you will regularly use age regression, and as a result become very skilled in its use.
How 5-PATH can make your practice more profitable. 5-PATH makes your practice more profitable in two ways:
- You will be able to work with a wider variety of issues.
- Learn how to use the Affect Bridge Technique, the Informed Child Technique, and how to verify ISEs. You will be more successful and receive more referrals.
How to remove old emotional baggage that is behind your client’s difficulties, even in stubborn cases.
- Remember that this baggage is really emotions from the past.
- It is removed by using age regression and forgiveness therapies.
- The insights gained remove the misperceptions of the “child” which are causing the painful emotions which are driving the problem behavior, or symptoms.
How to make your suggestions become permanent with little or no repetition and reinforcement.
- Use insight techniques such as age regression and parts therapy.
- The subconscious mind must accommodate an insight, it is automatically accepted as a belief, and as such, any suggestions that you give during an insight therapy session will be accepted permanently.
- So give suggestions in line with the insight for what your client came to see you about.
How to use an emotionally based approach that works when everything else has failed!
- Most approaches to doing hypnotherapy are directed at changing habits or patterns of behavior. These approaches will fail if there is an emotion driving the behavior, such as a client indulging in a particular behavior of substance to either self-medicate or to cope with feelings inside of themselves that are emotionally painful.
- 5-PATH works on the principle of going in and neutralizing these behaviors. This is done when you use the Informed Child Technique in age regression.
For more information about 5-PATH and the upcoming National Guild of Hypnotists convention visit our website at http://www.hypnosiscenter.com/.